Chess board with his own hands

Hello! I noticed that there is like home crafts and decided to share his. Kitchen furniture installer work. After tapping the hob in the worktop remains unnecessary chast.Tak turned my pruning of countertops made of artificial stone color black onyx and white onyx. At the end of the New Year praznikov, tired of doing nothing, I decided to make them a chessboard.

Sawed blanks and somewhat surprised amount of dust.

After cleaning all the dust, it was decided to continue the work of the spring in the garage.

In the meantime, I will stick together what already sawed. To do such a pattern.

Two-component adhesive should probably somehow squeezed out a gun with two pistons. But I do not exist, so I posledavatelno squeeze the contents in equal proportions on the cellophane from the gun drill.

Twist-adhesive kulёk simple manipulations and stirred. Violating the integrity of the plastic bag, squeeze out the contents.

Gluing 8 pieces, they pull together as follows. Available at me clamps were too small for this and had so zamorochitsya the pattern.

Of these residues do bokovinki to be edging field.

Here's what happened.

Bonding parts of the field.

To glue the side panels had to polish the board in a cold garage.

It was the second month of spring.

To again did not bother with templates, bought long clamp.

Finally, the warmer and yesterday I decided to finish this tyagomotinu. To avoid breaking the board against possible falls or blows to the back of pasting the rest of the material. Just left a third of white pieces.

I sawed it into 4 squares, of which I will make support for the field.

Runs past the gang spring seals. How to PL without them.

Coarse sanding for further milling.

To make the edges smooth as possible, treat end of the line cutter.

Then figured for relief.

Glued corners. They figured I was training with the cutter before milling field.

Today morning. The final polishing.

And polishing.

These inhomogeneities are translucent and feels when considering their depth. Unfortunately, the photos do not transmit (

Another attempt, but also no (

Figures taken from the old chess. Maybe then painted in the colors of the board.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting