Offend Muslims

proof

In Burma Buddhists organize massacres of Muslim neighborhoods, human rights activists accused the local authorities of genocide
In Burma are ethnic riots that led Buddhist monks: they survive from the Muslim people of Rohingya people. People burned alive, their home is also on fire. According to international human rights organization Human Rights Watch, the authorities and the police of Burma encourage genocide. The Russian, who turned out in the center of the pogroms, told "Gazeta.ru" that he saw in the city of Meiktila ignited.

The international community is waiting for the authorities to Buddhist Burma (Myanmar) answer to the charge of genocide of the Muslim people of Rohingya people. In a country surrounded by Bangladesh, India, China and Thailand, come clean on religious and ethnic grounds, said the human rights organization Human Rights Watch (HRW). In late April, human rights activists published a 153-page report, titled "All we can do - is to pray." It is based on the stories of more than a hundred persons, victims and witnesses, as well as those who themselves participated in massacres.

Violent clashes continue year - from May 2012. During this time of living in Burma 800 thousand people 125 thousand people of Rohingya people have been forced to flee their homes. Local residents raised to fight the Burmese officials, community leaders, as well as the Buddhist monks of the Sangha community, which may be called the principal in the country, say the representatives of HRW. In some cities, the monks even held rallies calling for Muslims to unite against. "The local authorities, politicians and monks were publicly claiming that Muslims do not have the right to freedom of movement, access to markets, and humanitarian assistance, as well as the possibility of earning a living.

Clearly, the company's goal is to get Muslims to abandon their homes and leave the area, "- the report said human rights defenders.
The first wave of violence swept the country in June last year. Most mass killings were in the western state of Rakhine. Witnesses also said the mass arrests and killings. The HRW report explains that the June 13, 2012 to the refugee camps-Rohingya people near the town of Akyab, the capital of Rakhine State, the soldiers drove the truck and dumped on the ground 18 bodies: the dead were naked and their hands fastened with plastic handcuffs.

The second wave of pogroms was the fall of 2012. October 23 a large crowd of men armed with machetes, knives and Molotov cocktails, smashing nine Muslim towns and villages in Rakhine State. Houses were burned, and the population - were killed. Police and the military stood by thugs and helped them, disarming trying to protect themselves and their families Rohingya people. In the village of Tay Yan it killed 70 people, including 28 children aged between five and 13 years. "At first, the soldiers told us: do not do anything, we will protect you. Therefore, we trust them. But then they broke their promise. Rakhayntsy easily killed us. But the soldiers did not help, "- said 27-year-old survivor.

Through a series of riots in Rakhine State were killed 180 people. Burned up to five million homes and more than 110 thousand. People have fled their homes. By the spring of 2013 riots moved from the western part of the country to the center. In late March, riots began in the city of Meiktila in Mandalay District. According to local residents, first in a fight with the Muslims was killed the monk, whom the townspeople went to take revenge. Rioters led by monks again. They burned the Muslim houses and mosques. A crowd of people moving through the streets, snatched out of their Muslim and killed. "In my eyes were killed eight boys, I was trying to stop people, but they started to threaten me, - says the former army captain Vin Hteyn - Thousands of people fled and clapping. When someone is killed, they cheered and shouted: "They killed our monks yesterday, today, we will kill them!" The crowd were women, monks, teenagers. I felt disgust and shame ».

For a week in Meythile killed 43 people, 12 thousand people were forced to flee the city. The government introduced a state of emergency in the city.

Muscovite Roman Korzh traveling through South East Asia, was in Meythile one of the first days of the riots. "It was really scary, real war - he said" Gazeta.ru ". - Houses on fire. Buddhists Muslims poured gasoline and burned them.

Find a place to stay was for me a matter of life and death, because of his beard, I look like a Muslim and no one has asked to show a passport before they kill me. "

Foreigners in Meythile - rare visitors, as most drives past on tourist buses. But if you travel alone, it is impossible to miss Meythilu. It is at the crossroads between the four places: the city of Mandalay in the north, the capital and largest port in the south of Yangon, Inle Lake with floating gardens in the east, a complex of ancient Buddhist temples of Bagan in the west. In the middle of the intersection just Meiktila. Coming from the city public bus, Roman Korzh immediately felt that there is something happening on the horizon to the sky rose a broad band of smoke. "It's like burning the whole village - says Korzh. - I stopped by a crowd of taxi drivers. Signs - fist on fist - made it clear that it is not necessary to go further. In English does not speak, but fingers explained that today there is a fight between Muslims and Buddhists ».

All the hotels in the city refused to colonize an alien. "I have asked for $ 10 let me sleep on the floor at the reception, said that the city is an emergency, but the hosts persuasion did not work - says Korzh. - In the end, I was a taxi driver vozivshy Buddhist said that I could spend the night at his house for free. Feed me dinner, I got a bottle of local rum. When the rum is over, the owner said that it is desirable not to leave me far away from home, because with a beard, I look like a Muslim.

Then he took an ax and went out into the street. From time to time he returned and described that burned homes, and Muslims poured gasoline and set on fire alive.

When I asked about the police and the army, he said that they first fled the city, felt the absolute anarchy and insecurity ».

In the darkness, we could see the glow of fires, but firefighters could not hear the sirens. Behind the fence were running people with sticks in their hands. "And our house consisted of three walls. Protected from the outside world is only a mosquito net, - says Korzh. - In the family, sheltered me, there were eight people. Women, the elderly and children hid in the barn. " In general, the pogroms were more like marauding in the law, says the Russians. The taxi driver from the brother-came home empty-handed - something brought in boxes, dragged several disks for mopeds.

"At dawn we boarded a taxi driver on a moped and ride around the city. Some police officers were 20 people, smoking five meters from the entrance, so that you can quickly hide "- says Korzh. From some of the buildings were only charred skeletons: the rioters smashed windows and doors of the houses, were dragged into the street furniture, clothing and utensils, all doused with gasoline and set on fire. "In the end, we reached the nearest town, where buses on my route. Knowing that I slept in Meythile, I was surrounded by a crowd of local, required to tell and show pictures, "- says Korzh. It seemed that many ordinary Burmese were shocked by what is happening and do not feel hatred towards Muslims, with whom long-coexist. "I have the impression that the conflict is organized from the outside, - said Russian. - Local were surprised that you were in someone's game. The army and police were waiting until people kill each other. From Meythily to Mandalay, the second largest city in the country, only three hours away. Couple turns a military helicopter over the city, or even a jet fire engine could cool the ardor of the crowd, and people have gone home. Locals say that in Burma, Muslims and Buddhists live together for many years, because the Muslims - immigrants from Bangladesh - were transported even by the British in colonial times. Mosques are not looking newbuilding and intermarriage - a common occurrence. Even the taxi driver in the family Buddhist Meythile not hate Muslims, but what is happening perceived as a fight after a football match ».

Pogroms in Meythile stopped a week later, after entering the city in the army. 1594 houses were burned. Their recovery will take two to three months.

Currently, the border with Bangladesh is closed for Rohingya people. People try to sail boats in Thailand in the same boat stuffed dozens of people, the trip takes up to 20 days, many die on the way. In Thailand, despite assurances from the leadership, is also not welcome the refugees. There were cases when the police drove the Muslims back to the boat, taken out into the bay and left there. Disenfranchised migrants passed even traffickers, according to "Bi-bi-si." Earlier this year, a truck with 73 refugees Thai officials have given the bandits. Some lucky bandits demanded a ransom for them and handed over to relatives.

After the publication of the report of the representatives of Human Rights Watch asked the Indian government to influence its neighbor, reports Indo-Asian News Service (IANS). "India has long said that it has a great influence on the Burmese authorities - said Meenakshi Ganguly, South Asia director of the group of HRW. - Now, when it became clear that in Rakhine crimes against humanity and ethnic cleansing, New Delhi has to put pressure on the Burmese government to put an immediate end to abuses against Rohingya people ».

The Government of Myanmar has asked President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (in his country 88% of the population are Muslims). Yudhoyono called on to resolve the conflict, since, in his opinion, it could lead to unrest among Muslims in other countries, reports Reuters.

However the authorities of Burma are in no hurry to admit mistakes. Even opponents of the government said that the HRW report extremely escalate the situation: no one wants to admit that at the heart of the conflict national or religious hatred. Myo Min Aung from Burma Institute of Human Rights said that HRW is using unacceptable terminology. "In such a complex situation, the use of the phrase" ethnic cleansing "is unacceptable - he said portal Burma News International. In his opinion, the Rohingya people are not a nation: "Ethnic cleansing is the elimination of other ethnic groups. In Rakhine State is not the case. " Representatives of the Democratic Movement-Generation 88 also say they see no ethnic problems and believe that the situation is only talking about the weak rule of law.

However, the chance to correct the situation there. In late April, Burma has finished a commission of 27 people, which was created by the government to study the pogroms of 2012 and the massacre of Muslims.

"We were mainly focused on finding out why there was a conflict between Muslims and Buddhists, and what measures the government can take," - said Dr. Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing portal Burma News International. Report of the 100 pages recently submitted to the President of Burma Thein Sein. Then the discussion will take place at the conference. What conclusions reached by the Commission, not reported, but one of its members Dau Tan Tan Well, sure it is not a nationality or religion, and in the economy and issues of overpopulation.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting