Restoration of antique children's guitars

So I got into the hands of a very unique thing. Guitar, 1939. City production - probably Kuibyshev.
Externally similar to the ukulele, but it does not ukulele, though, because that's not the strings 4, and 6. Well, just like a full-fledged guitar. But miniature.
Her condition was not so hot, splitting rusted, cracked at the seams housing painted bespontovoy stains, lack of Nut and strings. Lower Saddle, fortunately, was available. It was decided to bring her back to life.

Will be 20 photos + text

Fotkal on the phone for the quality - sorry.

So, disassemble, remove the lower deck, clean off the old glue.

That's lower deck separately. Tonyusenkoy such a board, surprisingly, it remained intact.

The insides of the guitar. Traces of the terrible stain cheap. Awful.

Then take nazhdachku, medium grain and proceed))

In the most difficult places help this machine.

The intermediate stage.

Before the white wooden decided not to clean off, as firstly there is not the thickness of the wood to be zealous, and secondly - decided to retain some texture that gives old-world charm of old things (yes, such a tautology)

She is a side view.

Offtopic - in the background of my favorites, varfedeyl columns, each 400 watts, this concert watts. Enough for a small voice holidays)) Previously worked in the theater monitors) Now I live)

The same procedure should be followed, and the rear deck.

Prepare for gluing. Gluing wood - take time carpenter. Yaschetayu perfect wood glue. What they do not only sizing.

Prepare for gluing. Apply glue to the main body, do not forget about the rib, because in the future there will be lower pressure nut with nifigovym strings.

Wait till the allotted time, and glue, fixing clamps. Clamp I had not had to be glued in two stages.

Glued and freed from the shackles.

Then take a sustained linseed oil, causes scrapped and put to dry out. Whole layers caused pieces 6. Between each day - to dry out. Before applying polish hard cloth.

While the layers dry out and polymerized, produce the nut. For Nut desired characteristics - hardness. Make them from bone, metal, or hard wood. At home I had a piece of the old (over a hundred years old) tree, wild apple. Dried out and hardened - God forbid.

Just take the splitting, drill and start boring polishing. The process is long, tedious. But the victory will be ours.

Next - the nut sticking to the guitar. All the same, "Joiner" + duct tape. Trushnoy blue was not, took a fun multi-colored))

After all the assembly procedure, to stringing. The process is not preserved. He took the most delicate strings that are found, did not want to risk the health of the deck. 7-38 seems. Two days they pulled up - and voila, the system is taken. Standard operation of the six guitar strings, just an octave higher.
Outcome.

Near hand, to estimate the size of the guitar.

Posted in [mergetime] 1387103728 [/ mergetime]
Later, try to take a picture of her on a normal machine in normal light, but it later. All kick))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting