Sydney. Travel to the antipodes

I decided to go to a distant, mysterious continent where people walk on their heads. It was nice that my friends live there now, and could be abused a little hospitality, having lived with them. And to get a visa to Australia proved not difficult: collected copies of documents sent by mail to the Embassy, ​​but after a week on the e-mail came a visa - nowhere to go personally do not, the beauty! via tutanh

But it all started is not as rosy as we would like. Fly to Sydney I had a wonderful Chinese airline China Southern Guangzhou through. And the flight from Seoul somehow detained for almost an hour. Despite the fact that the stock was only just over an hour on the transplant, I continued to believe that have time, regardless of the trash and waste that prevails in Chinese airports on transit crossings.

And now we're going into this very Guangzhou, and when the time would have to land on time, intercom announce something in Chinese, and then in Korean. Internationally, no syllable, but Asian people began to actively whisper. From this lack of information at first a little tense, but over time the plane began to descend, we landed, and I completely relaxed. Suddenly already announced in English that we have arrived not at all in Guangzhou, but ... I do not know where ... when you say the name of the place in my mind is immediately formed into a set of unintelligible Chinese characters and then melted in the air. What to do about it no one explained.

Except for me on the plane it was still five people of European appearance, each of which later came stewardess with a piece of paper on which was written a draft of the English text. She is unable to read this difficult topic, which indicated that we would stand here and wait for the good weather in Guangzhou. On the question of what to do if I'm late for the next flight, she just shrugged sheepishly.

Some American little psihanul by giving an emotional speech that this is the worst airline that it will never again they will not fly, that there is no one speaks in English, it is not clear how they can do that business, he did not even bring water or food, while we're waiting. All Chinese woman listened attentively, clapping her eyelashes, but snatched and understood from the entire speech just one single thought, and stammered timidly: "So you want some water?". American doom and looked at her calmly, two tones below replied, "OK, bring at least water ...»

As a result, flight course I was late. In Guangzhou, we arrived late, there on the same poor fellows I nalepili some labels have promised to pay the hotel and sent to a special counter to receive your boarding for the next onward flight.

We had such a lot of losers. Flight I got near seven in the morning. This is despite the fact that the airport we have released in the vicinity of two in the morning and transfer to the hotel took about forty minutes. Sami can count how well I slept in time to get on your flight. It may be a good thing, because those nine and a half hours, which flew to Sydney, I do not remember, since slept the entire flight.

And like already and everything is good, and I kind of like one foot in Sydney, even at passport control without any questions I have put a stamp in the passport on arrival at the Australian glorious land, not even glancing listing visa. Satisfied, I walked past the people waiting for their luggage bags. As with the load I do not like flying, getting there was nothing. And almost stepped on the free territory, he has been stopped by a customs officer, who asked on the luggage tag.

Knowing that I came without a huge bale, as do all the normal Chinese, he was very surprised and asked him to follow him. Here I began shakedown and millions of questions: Why has arrived? Why so little things? Where you will live? Whether already paid for the hotel? What friends? Where are they? What is your profession? Are you on vacation? And a lot of other useless information he tried to find out, laying out all my stuff out of the backpack on the table. And often repeated questions, I began to feel guilty about something, I wanted to shout: uncle, well, what are you to me dokolebalis? But then he found the tickets and booking hotels in Japan and once as a relaxed, wished good luck and let me go.

Jervis Bay

Outside were waiting for friends, with whom we had planned in the early morning as soon as I arrive at the weekend to go to Jervis Bay. It's such a bay a couple of hours drive from Sydney, where, according to Wikipedia, the whitest sand in the world.

Since the force of circumstances, I arrived in the evening, all that we have been able to do that day - to come to live in the house and sleep.

In the morning, as is usually the case, the street was rain. Nothing to be done, went to move out.

The owner of the lands, where we spent the night turned out to be a retired officer of the Australian Navy. Man with a loose tongue, one radio, one who can speak in one breath so that it is impossible to insert the word into the stream of consciousness. All you had to do - leave the keys, but we held him mine forever. He talked about everything: about how and where he served, about how people can spend teaching about the kangaroo, about sand, about what beaches we (sic!) Want to go, about plankton and whales, show maps and photos from the book and so on, and since then, and more. I thought we would never uydёm because it was impossible to screw up so deftly in his brilliant speech, "Thank you, dosvidaniya!", That it does not happen in mid-sentence ...

Escaped with something like this talkative type, we went to see what is what. Although, in the rain, gradually converted to drizzle, the nature of Australia I immediately loved it.

True beach in the rain was not at all similar to the whitest sand in the world.

The first morning of his stay on the continent, I have met a kangaroo, like that supported stereotypes.

Then Australia began to show that there are not only cute little animals, but also, for example, sharks. (Approx. Rognar. About the latest I'm not sure that the shark)

Generally the coast is incredibly picturesque.

We climbed to the old lighthouse, from which sometimes they say you can see the whales. Whales, we certainly did not see whales in all normal weather like sitting at home.

We went to the botanical garden, which is a military introduced himself as a botanical garden, where there is no fucking fucking roses and other flowers. It was not to go after such advertising?

It appeared that the kangaroo in Australia, just like dirt. At least in this park was full of them.

We met here and creating less pleasant: from a stone suddenly crawled is not a small snake. "Surely poisonous" - I thought, and slowly withdrew.

After lunch, the weather is somehow improved, but unfortunately it was time to leave this hospitable land.

Even the road to Sydney was very colorful.

Sydney

Getting started with a Sydney beaches Coogee beach and Bondi beach.

And that, I tell you a secret, the most beautiful place I had seen in Australia for his not very long stay there.

The color of the sea such unusually juicy, what we had, unfortunately, does not happen.

While here, you can stumble upon the Russian spirit.

Despite the fact that in September, still quite cool, the sea is already full frolic surfers, and some even manage to swim without wetsuits.

But here look so pools: like and swim in the sea, and a wave of stones you will not hit.

What immediately caught my eye is that people dress in the whole range of clothes from winter to summer: someone can go to a warm jacket with a scarf, and someone to meet him in a summer shirt and shorts.

In short, the beaches of Sydney is something incredible.

Business as part of my first trip to the heart of the city, met a cold shower, as if hinting that enough is enough.

And even in the rain, this picturesque country continued to amaze with their views.

Downtown Sydney reminded American cities, is very similar in atmosphere.

Very pleased with the presence of the park five minutes from the skyscrapers.

Amazingly colorful center, but very small for three days, I think I came along and across it.

Beauty ...

Therefore, to somehow diversify cityscapes, I decided to swim on the ferry to another beach-park area - Manly.

A little walk along the beach, wandered into the park.

Walked-walked nature is beautiful, but no animals somehow boring: either you kangaroos or crocodiles, snakes even met.

And only on the way back I met a sign that is home to the Water Dragon, which if you catch it is possible to adhere on sour fine or even six-month imprisonment.

And five minutes later in front of me runs this temptation. I would such a house would have started a, pretty ...

More I saw the sign "Slow down! Bandicoot! ". It wanted to see who it such, but no not met.

But in one of the restaurants I found the dish, which is served immediately and the meat Kungur and crocodile meat. Crocodile I have previously tried in Cambodia, and this, in general, quite tasty, but not so that they admire. But kangaroo meat disappointed - as the sole chew: rigid and tasteless.

Blue Mountains

Park Blue Mountains, or the Blue Mountains, it's best to get over it and move the car. Machinery I did not have, so I first drove a few hours by train, and then a long time to stamp his foot to the valley itself.

It's definitely worth it.

Panorama offers chic.

Then I have a few more hours of stomping the path along this ... I do not know how to call it ... and probably the canyon.

Very cool, you go: around the birds are singing, the kind of indescribable, no one around, circle unusual fauna.

The legs really started to buzz already.

So having stayed alone with nature, then somehow I found the next station to go back. At the station, people do not, do not, even employees or cashiers. I am sitting forward, past the flies without stopping the train. I think "nifiga itself, but what am I?". After wandering through Piron, found unremarkable schedule on the wall. It turned out that this still lifeless station and not all trains stop. Thankfully, the wait alone was only forty minut.Za sim everything diferamby enough to sing this distant continent! In fact, I really like Australia. So much so that it is possible, I will definitely come again, and next time for a much longer period, because there clearly is something to see and something to marvel at. via tutanh. livejournal.com

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting