AGAIN ALL RUSSIAN deceived!

"New York Times" editorial. 19.03.2014.
Bear
RUSSIAN AGAIN ALL cheated !!!
When, in 1991, ended the Soviet Union, then all progressive mankind has decided that it is the Western world won "the cold war", which was in 1946.
Yes, I remember the euphoria of this victory !!! Western values ​​have won! More nothing prevents a solemn procession of democracy on the planet! Wars no longer be, as there is no reason for their appearance!
We then thought so. And for that, there was every reason!
The Soviet Union broke up into 15 republics lying in ruins ...
We are an easy conscience written off the 16 land, except occasionally, to pit them together, performed the "orange revolution", did the necessary, that did not allow them to get out of the chaos and leave the ranks of the "third world» ...
How wrong we were !!!

In fact, no Russian lost the "cold war." They just came out of it, rightly arguing that the system, which represented the Soviet Union, no longer corresponds to the realities of time and it is necessary to carry out deep modernization - in military language it is called - to retreat to spend a regrouping of forces and means.
How short our historical memory - Russian did so whenever in front of them was a serious enemy! Even genius Napoleon capturing Moscow in 1812 was sure that I won. Hitler is just 30 km from Moscow's snowy winter of 1941 had no doubt that the outcome of the war a foregone conclusion ... What it all ended - we know ...
What happened?
Russian pretending that gave us the victory, allowed us to demonstrate - who we really are. Painful as it is to admit, but it's true ... We began to bomb anyone who has what it did not agree with us, we ignored the international law, coming down to the fact that publicly lied to the UN Security Council, we at will kroili map of the world, we alienated European allies, we have created the crisis that hit the global economy ... Yes, yes, we behaved like a bull in a china shop ...
And come 2014.
Russia easily and annexed Crimea itself ... went and did it.
And we could not do anything. At all. Since it was no longer necessary in the amount of three components of our dominance - the international authority, financial power, the army, which was ready to fight for our geopolitical interests ...
Moreover, surprisingly, that this is the Russian champion of international law, justice and the will of the people.
And now I'm sad to look out the window, where the referendum on secession from the US state of Texas. And I have to say - we're all done ...
So - there was no "cold war" between the two countries (units), and has been competition for the future. More specifically, the principles on which it is based.
The result you know.

--img2--

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting