Electricity to the Crimea

"What eats, how much rushing and where is the engine" - the classic questions at every traffic light. E-bike, flying along the avenue at a speed of 80 km \ h, tears flow patterns neighbors once and for all. But a purely utilitarian trips, not very autonomy. The very idea of ​​a country voyage may seem absurd. First thought - "Where is the way to search for socket?". But about everything in order. Although the laziest can instantly watch the last movie.
The typical range of homemade electric bike does not exceed 50 km (serial casts with lead batteries are not even considered). Only lithium and lithium. On average, about 1Kvtch necessary electricity to overcome the above-mentioned distance at 50km \ h. Saying "slow and steady wins - on going" more relevant than ever. When long-distance hauls required to cover 100-150km, hence the requirement for on-board tank + 2.5 kWh. This is a pretty serious capacity, so the first step was to replace the battery on a "long-playing". Thus arose the project "Crimean suitcase" 240 elements 18650 Li-ion LG D1:

I will not describe in detail the order, assembly and soldering elements only show the final result (one of the two blocks, 80v18Ach total respectively 80v36ach ~ 2600Wh):

Next is going to set a typical traveler, such as tents, sleeping bags, air foam, soap-rylnye accessories, etc., which you already know, just read this opus. Plus a minimum set of specific parts (soldering irons, transistors, capacitors, spare controllers) that you will not find anywhere.
At 9 am the day "x", the battery is fully charged, balanced, set into place and connected. All the last time tested and ready to ship:

Climb into the saddle, and ride ... on horticultural embankment to the charging station «Revolta» meet others. Yes, yes, these crazy daredevils already accumulated 5 people :) Total participated in the adventure: two typical electric bicycles, two Recumbent bicycle (lezhachki) and one elektromototsikl (oh, he told us then drank with blood).

The route has been worked out taking into account the need for sockets every 150 km and offers accommodation of members of the forum. How then would be honest 2000km.

Let's go back to said at the beginning of the question of outlets. Solved it easier than it seems. How is the day: wake up, have breakfast, go first hundred. When the battery begins to approach 20%, start looking for a cafe or shinomontazhku, and then all at once. Let me explain why. Each has ebayk 2.5kvtch reserve power (except a motorcycle, there are all 4, but about him later). Accordingly, in order to "fill" this energy consumption within a reasonable time (hour and a half) requires an appropriate charging power. Any, 1500W each. If you turn one, it's nothing like a kettle. Two - more seriously. And all five at once give a load of 7500vt. On the first intermediate charging Chekhov, Sergei (Eales), we added it all at once, and the tension subsided to 185 V under load 35A. This is a rare case where the supply of quality, but in most cases the network can not withstand. Therefore sought to place two connection points. For example, two cafes - go to them, and dialogue takes place as follows:

- Do you have a socket?
- Yes, but why you?
- Bicycles charge.
- And we'll eat?
- Required! Blockquote>
With shinomontazhkami \ car services still easier - give outlet immediately, though necessary to conduct an educational program on basic issues :)

In general, feed themselves and their horses, then ride the next hundred, similar to dinner \ charged and go to bed (in a tent \ motel or in a hospitable forumchanin). Special mention deserves Zadonsk. There we have already arrived at midnight, and it was too late to look for a cafe. But while we went to the store, our technique clung local patsanva and suggested that the town square there is a scene. And at this stage say what? That's right, socket. There and then we went. Rosette really found directly under the distribution board. Underwater cables and machines to 32A were also personal, and inspire hope. But summed up the jack. Its quality does not hold water - even wildly basked on two charges. So we quietly added there more solid chpok - XT60 model for 6mm² wires, and it stuck harvested earlier adapter - initially it is necessary to connect to the great kettle, boil water for rapid and drink tea in the woods;).

According to the plan, we decided to leave until the morning, and in the morning dozalit balances and take home with them. Imagine our surprise when returning to him in the morning, we found in the center of the festival and a local band on stage. I had to leave them "chpok" memory. I do not know how long the local electricians then wondered what it is, where it is and why it is necessary :). Future path lay in Gubkin, home Igor (Licc), gathered with their hands elektrotavriyu. Go to the south, and drop him would be sacrilege. Especially we persistently invited.

There we stayed even for a day, wash, washed, checked my battery (one element was dead), to diagnose the state of the gear motor Recumbent bicycle Andrew (everything is OK), and generally rested and gathered strength.

Next nezhdanchik caught ourselves on the Russian-Ukrainian border, when one of our not allowed due to problems with the passport. From now on, we went to four, two Recumbent bicycle, motorcycle and me. Kharkov motel remembered goats in the parking lot and offer local intrusive "grelochek" at night :)

Another adventure overtook us closer to Dnepropetrovsk, partially covered when one of the motors (for Recumbent bicycle) due to the fact that we would rinse the shower all the way from Gubkin to Kharkov. He nahlebalsya water, and while charging the leakage current to the body through the water sharahnulo by sensors. Could go, but noisy and not fast. It promptly repaired in the garage Alexei (alex dnepr) in Dnepropetrovsk.

In Melitopol, we temporarily docked with the participant passes at the same time Ukrainian электромобилиады - Vyacheslav and his electro-clavutoy. Temporarily - because only 20km and 15 minutes, that is how much time was spent on "prolupit" to Akimovka 75 ... 90km \ h. Excellent turned splash on background are pretty boring to save energy.

After that, go slowly no longer wanted, and it was impossible to quickly (very much not economically). The solution came by itself when, during dinner, we saw the slender ranks of trucks. It is on the stretch-Akimovka Dzhankoi (160km) idea to drive fast and not expensive for the first time on a massive scale. Before that, she arose and was implemented in discord as and when. Having started the movement and saw three identical trucks, we are one by one podsosalis them. By talkies passed the following dialogue:

- This is Alex, I am for a wagon they heard?
- Roger That. This is Leo, I'm here with Andrew in the "second car».
- Got It. Amaranthus, where are you?
- I'm in the "third»! Blockquote>
So, periodically changing the donors we domchali suburb Dzhankoi to 3 hours. Although not all. Remember I mentioned earlier about 4Kvtch motorcyclists? The first thought that occurs automatically - that the reserve of him twice. So I think everything. But it turned out ... that his flow and a half times higher than the average for the group. Ie with more capacious battery he passed even a little less than everyone else. In this case, the pit stops him and had to wait longer than the others, respectively. On the charging time we learned to fight then simply connecting in parallel first vacant charging. But the increased consumption has led to the fact that he did not get on that stretch of ten kilometers. Pushed to the benefit of the MOC to gas station a couple of kilometers he found an outlet and was able to light a cigarette.
Further our path lay in Feodosia, where after spending the night in tents on the mountain Klementieva we parted with a motorcyclist (with Theodosius went to Kerch, steam and Anapa) because during his vacation came to an end. Mountain views from there of course chic:

Although these means a new exam for engineering - streamers on a segment-Feodosia Alushta.

The three of us left at this point, problems with overheating of the motor did not feel just me. Both Recumbent bicycle suffered from it fully, because one was already a decent fried motor even with Moscow's traffic jams (which is clearly not helped to improve efficiency), and the second the engine itself was small and not very momentisty (the same one that was flooded near Kharkov). First tried to fight it, increasing the speed of the rise in the second active pedal :). However, this only adds to the humor in the situation, since found one of the means to solve this problem (that's really a paradox) - pour water inside, what Lehin motor was nicknamed "steam." Periodically, we stopped and allowed to cool motors. At the same time fotkali themselves and technique. My device:

Alex near his Recumbent bicycle:

Actively pedaliruetsya Andrew:

Alushta after we came to government track, and the problem of overheating was no longer so relevant, because deviations is no higher than 10%. And the distance between cities less than 100 km, which allowed to burn for the whole trigger. Sevastopol was closer than ever:

Located at friends and hang out in the city for a week, it was decided to merge home by train. Here is our latest and waiting ambush - How to users of the XXI century, we have issued tickets online at Russian Railways. As it turned out, in vain. Because In Ukraine, there is simply nowhere to print. There is not a terminal at the station, and that's it. I had to quickly cancel the purchase and go fly manually. On the same day we had more time to cross the Ukrainian elektromobiliadoy already in full force.

However, the evening turned out to be the most delicious puzzle "how to load three bikes in one compartment so you can sleep and avoid any unnecessary problems in customs." The solution to this rebus something like this:

My bike fit my same shelf, Andrew Recumbent bicycle on the next, and Recumbent bicycle Alexei was dismantled into two parts, one of which was lying under the table, and the second slot in the mattress :). Customs tried to find fault, but could not find the argument on rastomozhku bike to 25kg (so a flick of the pen Lehin Recumbent bicycle lost a kilo to 50). In Moscow, we were already 24 hours, where the clip was assembled based on this adventure:

< br />
 oh yeah, a little dry statistics: total time (less time spent on the "hang out" Gubkin and Sevastopol) - 10 days. Cruising speed without the "donor" for a distance of 100 ... 150 km does not exceed 45 ... 40 km \ h, with the "donor" or with a distance within a hundred - 60km \ h. For flow in an air pocket for the "donor" mere penny, 13vtch \ km (this way screen statistics with haul-Melitopl Dzhankoi)

ps separate "bonus" you can see geared motor of intestine (the same drowned) live, good, just last week I This was reduced after the death of lead-in wire and almost all got on camera

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/212343/

Tags

See also

New and interesting