What business can be started, if there is not much start-up capital?

This issue was discussed Users Discussion service Quora, popular in Silicon Valley. The most interesting answers:

1) First, find the customers
Andrew Burnett-Thompson, IT-consultant
(UK)

I was in a similar situation, though, I was a little bit easier - I knew how to write code. In his spare time (before and after the operation) I wrote the programs, which are now sold online. Rather than take up the "wonderful thing that nobody has ever done," I have decided to improve the existing products. I can say that at the start of the 90% necessary to ensure the success of their sweat, and 10% - skills.

2) Start with services
Sandeep Chautan employee Intel (Michigan)

Start with services. Do not even think about the release of the product - it requires more time and money (extends from six months to a year from the date of introduction to cash). And do not say that you have no skills: walking the dog to be a skill to work as a nanny - too. No need to be tehnarёm to say that you have a special skill, because the ability to build relationships with people - it is also a skill. He can, for example, create a recruitment agency. Find your strengths - is very important. When you find it, you will understand what kind of services with its help you can provide. Do not try to be what you are not.

3) Keep it simple
Clayton Hokenberi, business coach

My first business started with the fact that I went to different places and asked to work. I was 10 years old, and I started sweeping the sidewalk in front of shops. I went to the store and offered to sweep the sidewalk. As a result, I had about eight points. Many shopkeepers entrusted me another job at an additional cost - I, for example, washing machines. Not too attractive business, but I was earning more than he could spend.

My friend began to clean chimneys (when he was the owner of the shop). Now he earns $ 300,000 a year, which he can spend on hiring people who understand anything in the cleaning of pipes more than he. Again - it's a dirty job, but I would be willing once again to wash more than a quarter of a million dollars!

You can go out and ask people what they want. You can pull up the weeds and mow the lawns. In fact, many billionaires started their business with such services. One of my favorite examples: the guy started with the fact that the excavators began to dig ditches for laying sewer pipes, and walked away from the owner of the largest cases in the state of the installation of pools.

4) Learn the process
Alexander Rival Ronas, director producer
Games Balanced Worlds

It seems to me that it is difficult to find the perfect idea for a company, if you are repelled by the thought "I can do." Instead, you should think about what you have is the soul, while many of the problems are beginning to find a solution. In the long term it leads to success: you work, but do not feel at work.

Look at the great entrepreneurs of our time. Elon Musk did not invent the idea of ​​Space Travel, reflecting on what he can afford. He determined that he wants to do, and began to work for the realization of his dream (by the way, he nearly went bankrupt in the process!).

My best form was the creation of the company. So you too can try, for example, in e-commerce. The site on WordPress, through which you can accept payments made for free and without the involvement of developers. The locals have to offer something that you can sell. If you just start to act, and you are lucky, you may find his life's work.

5) Get ready for the challenges
Chris Mark, founder of marketing
Platform Spokal

You can place ads on job search portals freelancers. Do not ask a lot of money, and tear the ass, to bring happiness to its customers. Take up small projects to perform one did not take hundreds of hours. Thanks to the successful execution of the orders of your ranking on the site will grow. With the growing reputation can be increased and the cost of services. To get customers out of the platform, start start with them long-term partnerships. And this is just one way among the billions of possibilities. First, you are not creating a business but simply to find work for themselves, and that will remain so, if you do not take the next step - do not start hiring assistants.

It is important to remember that conduct their business a lot harder than it seems. It is necessary in advance to ask yourself: Are you ready to experience hard times and struggle? If you turn away the face of difficulties, better get a job for hire.

Tags

See also

New and interesting