All life in the same role

Marlon Brando was once asked who his favorite actor. "James Dean - said Brando. - This is the ideal of acting for me, it was above all of us ».

James Dean starred in only 3 films, all three appeared in the year of death - had an accident when he was 24. He was posthumously received a Golden Globe and two Oscar nominations. No one knows how many Oscars he would have received if he stayed.

"Dean was the most talented actor that I've ever seen. He was also a real partisan, who declared war on anyone who tried to hold back his emotions. Once, quarreled with the director, he took vykiduhu, put to his throat and said, "I'll kill you, bitch." I try to emulate Dean in all - in the movies and in life. Therefore, I have so much trouble. »
Dennis Hopper James Dean

"This is the greatest actor's school! There are many great people working - Marlon Brando, Julie Harris, Arthur Kennedy, Mildred Dunnock ... Not many manage to get here. This is the best that can happen to an actor. I'm one of the youngest members of the team. »
James Dean of the Lee Strasberg Actors Studio, where he studied

One of the most impressive works of James Dean - "Giant". He appears in a three-hour movie in just a few scenes, occupying a total of 20-25 minutes, but keeps the whole film, confidently distracting viewers from the very Elizabeth Taylor. When you see the "Giant", I want to cut everything and leave one of James Dean ...

During the completion of filming of "Giant" Dean starred in a short interview, which was to be social advertising against fast driving. Instead of the planned phrase "Life, which you will be saved, it may be your own." James said, "The life which you will be saved, it may be my" ... When he died, the public was shocked, especially when combined with the photoshoot that shortly before his death did the same world-renowned photographer Dennis Stock. Dean is in his grave and goes somewhere alone in the rain ... I think the world is no more ridiculous and single photo.

More than half a century after his death, interest in the person of Dean persists, bringing Dean heirs annual income in the amount of five million dollars.

Tags

See also

New and interesting