Spider-peacock

If you do not like insects, it is better not to see these exotic spiders macro photography made by Australian photographer Jurgen Otto (Jurgen Otto).

During his walks through the forest entomologist Otto came across an unusual tiny insect.

Scientist says:
When I arrived in Sydney, I was bored by the fact that there is nothing to photograph. Until I saw this spider. He's probably the most beautiful in the world.
Its official name Maratus Volans. The size of 4 mm. Nevertheless, he is able to very quickly run and jump.

This spider extraordinary resemblance to the peacock. Similarly, as the male birds have a bright and elegant tail, and that the male spider present colorful flaps which play shades of orange, yellow, green and blue. They rise like a fan, showing incredible riot of colors and attracting females.

Jurgen Otto managed to do macro shots Australian spiders during mating. The process of attracting females is very interesting. The male takes the legs, rocking from side to side, to seduce her way. But if the female does not like his dance - the male can become a victim. Even if you suffer from arachnophobia and then seductive dance peacock spider will not leave you indifferent.

Tags

See also

New and interesting