What to do with tarantulas.

This post is for those who sat around and all of a sudden, it dawned on me - and if I do not make spider tarantula. And yet, the man next to nothing about them do not know. I was so. The internet is full of articles about the content and feeding, but in fact very often the question is asked how? like that? Behold how? I tell about their actions sequentially from purchase to date (Brachypelma albopilosum, about six months, shedding 7). The answer to the favorite question "How much?" Would be at the bottom. At the end of the end of the write word.

I climbed into the Internet to read about spiders. I read how they are poisonous, what to feed, how to contain. Like anything complex. I climbed on our Forums (Sevastopol) who look to me to sell it. He saw the girl engaged spiders sells. I called and talked, phoned again - met bought. Nothing complicated. When buying I was handed a container with spider, there was a bit of soil cover of mineral water, and the spider itself. Separately handed a jar of cockroaches pieces. About 5-7. Che told 2 times more to do, but I was filled with a storm of emotions and I forgot everything.

I brought it home and thought, and then what to do? It is necessary to make it permanent normal aquarium. In the aquarium it is necessary to ground water bottle with water, any water bottle (the spider need 22-28 degrees Celsius) and a thermometer to understand what is happening. Well, in order:

1 Aquarium. With the aquarium lucky, found in the garage, father once contained fish. Who is not lucky enough to find an old, but a home - ahead markets with junk beushnye look, buy a new, cool, expensive in my opinion - stupid, but then decides to every man.

2 Primer. For soil I chose coconut. "... Natural organic coconut fiber outer shell of ripe nuts, briquettes. The ideal filler for terrarium animals. It absorbs odors. It has antibacterial properties. It prevents fungal diseases ... "blah blah blah .... We buy most ordinary, the cheapest coconut briquettes, the less there is of fillers and any substances that kill microbes, the more likely that they will not kill the spider. When buying know which volume of water is calculated cake that you purchase, store this valuable information and go home.

and here

Put in a pan briquettes. Gray (boil) the right amount of water into the teapot and pour boiling water briquettes! (This boiling water in order to kill all the germs, mites, and I do not know what else is in the ground.)

The first time I did not know how much will the soil of one of the briquette and started with one, it turned out we had two, did the same with the second. Just do not come across someone with a coconut in the form of soil, rather than on the cake - an amusing spectacle.

Mix all knife oil

3 Heater. Honestly I do not know how many there are heaters in pet stores. There is a funny invention as a boot dryer. In the written instructions that they give 40-60 degrees. We believe and trust smile.

Install them near one of the walls near the corner. The logic is simple: the spider crawl on the aquarium quickly smeknet that in one corner of the cold, the other warm, and choose his optimal location. It is impossible to throughout the tank was the same temperature.

4 Thermometer. Not great, but to be seen che it shows set in the opposite corner of the heaters. And watch the temperature does not fall lower 19-20 degrees warmer will be near 7-10 degrees higher. (I have on a thermometer usually 22)

5 Cave. I'm sick of the spider in a certain place, and builds himself a mountain digs in her cave. I went into the kitchen and took her mother a cup.

Spider was trying to dig a hole under the cup for cup, but in the end we understood each other.

Cave

6 drinker. The principle is simple: you have to make it so a lot of water, but that a spider could not drown in it. My currently fit cap 2l bottle of sunflower oil, it is slightly wider than that of mineral water.

Well, the aquarium is ready.
Now the food. When I sold the spider with him handed cockroach, spider they did not eat children 2 weeks, then shed and eaten in a week for a couple of days. Then again, I did not eat a couple of weeks, then fade, once a week did not eat ... In short it is necessary to feed the spider when he wants and how he wants, before, after, and during moulting he does not eat. (Read more in the internet) without food, they can live for about a year. So they are afraid that you will have a couple of days did not feed the spider and he will die from hunger - not worth it. Feed the cockroaches, cockroaches buy as 10-15 per month enough. I read a lot of articles about breeding colonies of the house, in principle, is not difficult, the bank, a newspaper, water, and you have 50 heads of stuff and a half thousand. Especially liked the story, as one fan colony of cockroaches in the house, the cat turned to the bank when the house was empty ... In short, I decided to buy a better couple times a month to walk to the store than to awesome with wide-eyed with horror to think what to do ...

the whole structure

Posted in [mergetime] 1305299379 [/ mergetime]
On the question what will feed and then when he grows up I will answer when he grows up ...
"And how much?" The prices in different cities may vary (especially a spider). 1 USD approximately 3.5 ruble

Spider - 70 UAH.
Aquarium - found.
Primer - 10 UAH.
Warmer - 20 UAH.
Thermometer - 10 UAH.
Drinking bowl - found.
Cockroach - 50 kopecks. Gizmo.
It's simple and very cheap.

END

Source:

Tags

See also