Documentary about Gucci

The track record of James Franco not only many successful actors' work, but also a few movies, where he acted as director, screenwriter and producer. A couple of days ago at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City premiere of the documentary film The Director, personally Produced by Franco. The film tells the story of the fashion house Gucci, and tells the story of the life and work of the main mastermind and creative director Frida Giannini brand. The director of the project was Christina Voros, who has worked with James Franco on the tape, "When I was dying," which will premiere as part of the 66th Cannes Film Festival in May.

The poster for the film

James Franco and Christina Voros at work

During the one and a half years the crew headed by Franco and Voros rented house employees working weekdays Gucci, which consisted entirely of fittings, casting models, fashion shows and sketches for the development of new collections. On top Frida Giannini refused to take any part in the project on the grounds that she was a very private person, and feels much more comfortable behind the scenes. But contrary to expectations, it was very interesting film - it is not only what is shown of the fashion, but also talked about the fact that in reality it hides behind this.

This film - a real provocation! I remember James once told me in an interview that his next project will be a film about me. I was sure it was a joke. But later it turned into a reality. Knowing James for several years now, I fully understand it. I respect his work and the diversity of career.

Of course, this film is not likely to appeal to everyone, but fans of fashion and Gucci fans will be very interesting to plunge into the atmosphere of creativity that reigns within the walls of the fashion house, learn the history of the brand, and to observe the process of creating fashion collections.

Tags

See also

New and interesting