9-meter sunflower

Summer 2012 in England was one of the wettest and unfavorable for agriculture. However, Richard Hope gardener managed to grow sunflowers highest in the UK and the second highest in the world. Before absolute record he did not have what some 10 centimeters. Hope plant grew to the level of 8, 7 meters, while the German Hans-Peter Schiffer in 2009 grew tall Sunflower 8, 8 metra.

But Richard Hope, who is engaged in cultivation of giant sunflowers in the last 30 years, set a very optimistic: "This sunflower - the result of 30 years of breeding. Every year I manage to achieve ever greater heights. Today, I came close to the world record, because it brought the super-strain generating gigantism cells rasteniya.

I had to deal with heavy rain, overcast skies, and early frosts to grow this handsome two storeys high. Even now, when the temperature begins to fall, sunflower continues to grow. Old British record stands at 7, 7 meters, and I overtook him at kilometer ».

Another secret weapon Richard are organic fertilizers, which are unique to this sunflower took 15 sacks. Another aspect of success in the cultivation of the champions in the garden is the constant care. First, the plants are planted in a greenhouse, then transferred them to the open air. It is necessary to constantly monitor, so they do not dry out and pereuvlazhnyat as these two problems are equally favorable for plant growth.

Source: mirfactov.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting