The story of one of the expedition.

Special thanks to the pilot Dmitry Timoshenko (Pilot iz Pachomovo) for the preservation of the archive with our photos.

Recently, Yap was a post where the author tells how rested in the Soviet Union with his father, friends (canoe trip). Using the fact that I'm probably the oldest "fart" on Yap (profile not look - there crap), I want to tell you about one of his campaigns.

That was long ago, in the last century.
It was a country that respected and feared enemies, and that did not value its people. The enemy feared the country for its power, feared warriors of the country, who were armed and prepared to such a level that it was easier just to capitulate than to communicate with them. And there was among the soldiers, a special part of them, the likes of which has not been in this galaxy, and their name was - pilots ...
It so happened that in one of the episodes of my life, I began working as an instructor pilot flying club in Ashgabat.

19 photo.

I prepared and taught the boys to fly and love the sky. Many of them then entered the flying school of the USSR and became a pilot. And only one enrolled in the School of Air Defence and learned to shoot down planes. Eugene Petrov, if you're reading this, so what I'm writing about you bastard! )))
In order to teach, you have to know and keep in shape, and one day our Flying Club decided instead to take for us for William ours, for Shakespeare, not to arrange for us to fly gliders along the ridge of Kopet-Dag, along the border with Iran. No sooner said than done! I do not know what links and mechanisms were involved, but the money was good, and very quickly allocated. I envy the generation of the 21st century, seeing Russia from her only helicopter school, envy vlastderzhaschie that killed the entire school of pilot training, and 90% of the flying schools of Russia, and to pass a law allowing guest workers flying pilots in Russia because its not ... Well, okay, not what I Now.
The case decided to hold at the proper level. Tested were invited fellow pilots and athletes from Moskovskogo II flying club.
And one group of pilots in the early morning on the four planes "Wilga-35", three gliders "Amber-Standard-3", a record glider "Lietuva" and an aircraft "AN-2" was launched from the city of Ashgabat in g.Nebit- Doug.

Along the way, the weather deteriorated, there was a cloud and strong turbulence.

"An-2" does not depart)) flew near

Pilots were in gliders went badly.
Several times there were files of clippings towing and pilots in gliders had to take decisions on the course of the selection of the site for landing on unfamiliar terrain, and had to decide right away for two, ie, glider was not thinking only about the safe landing, but also about the possibility of landing aircraft towing a glider for further evacuation and towed to its destination.
On the ground, we were surprised by the locals.

In the middle of the path to land at the airport to refuel air defense "Sunflower", district of Kyzyl-Arvat. In the photo: below us "Sunflower»

So far, refueled, and snack at the airport has sounded the alarm and the pair of fighters immediately took off to intercept an unknown target.

After some time they returned. Where and why flying - PVOshnaya big secret.

So we rushed on.

Soon showed Uly Balkan dagy or another - Great Range Balkhan, which means that we have already flies to finish

Arrived in Nebit Dag. The first evening rest. The next day, the owners gave us a "tour of the city and surrounding areas,

and "pokatushki" Yak-52 with elements of aerobatics.

Ha! Hussar gonorrhea do not scare! Gliders "spin" the students are already 2 month pilot training, as well, with a few "very approximate" cadets I regularly twisted and "dead loop". I confess, guilty ..))
In the evening we were taken to sverhperedohrenasolenoe lake Molla-Kara, which does not sink not only the "r", but also steel balls and cast iron weights.

​​

The following days were employed directly and flight analysis.

Nothing worked. The weather, which is always in the region was idealneshey for gliding deteriorated completely. Some downdrafts. Glider stayed in the air for a maximum of an hour and came back with nothing.

For information flight endurance record on a glider is 1646 km (as of 1997). Imagine, the unit without motor, weighing 300 kg flying more than 1,500 kilometers!

Weather was not and we decided to go take a dip in the Caspian Sea. Well, where are the pilots to rest without a decent drink? These events occurred in the years of the Soviet Union, Gorbachev's prohibition already canceled, but the market has not had time enough of liquor. We serendipitously managed to buy a fair amount of vodka and we went to the Caspian Sea.
Do you think the pilot in a bag at the left?)) (Chapleen in the center)

Local comrades brought us to a deserted bay in the area of ​​Avaza. The first of us sitting at the door threw off their clothes and rushed into the water, followed by slowly pulled others. When first getting out of the water, the last out of the bus. The bus was left unattended for a maximum of 3 minutes. And then disaster struck. We c3 14zdili vodka. Who and how, the question remained unanswered. The area was deserted there, anyway, we thought so. It was more difficult to explain to our comrades who later came to the bus at his glass. They did not believe what had happened, and considered all the raffle. Alas ((...

Well, then we have to continue the flight. Weather or not normal. This writer, who was invited to this "Ikspeditsiyu" as a pilot of the aircraft-towing gliders, tortured to drag airframe and every spare moment, remembering the principle of "Suddenly, the war, and I'm tired," used for sleeping.

The flights went wrong time and we ended up with the same structure returned to base.

Now sitting at the computer, and we can be accused of this failed attempt to make a record of the republican values, and give advice, but ...
But at least we tried!

P.S. It is not necessary to conclude that we are only there for fun. When they went flying, it was not until shoots. All back in the soap was.
P.S.S. On the Internet in recent years the post without a cat - not a post. Get a puzzle called "Find the cat." Tip: The author of the majority on the photo photographer Dmitry Timoshenko in between flights, simulates the famous sculpture by Rodin. Change the first letter of the name of the sculpture with the letter "k" and you will be happy).

Chapleen, 2014

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting