The man lost the ability to be sad

68-year-old Malcolm Myatt was in hospital for 19 weeks. Doctors told him that due to stroke the frontal lobe of his brain, which is responsible for emotional control, was damaged. Ever since man began to notice a change - for example, the deterioration of short-term memory. But there is one change that Malcolm considers positive - he lost the ability to feel grust.

Experts have confirmed that the stroke is not uncommon leads to psychological, emotional and behavioral changes in patients. Malcolm describes his feelings this way: "Now I do not have depression. And I get around fine without it. Always feel happy is much better than living in constant discouragement. This is, in fact, a great advantage ».

Neurologist Peresh Malhotra explained that brain damage can cause patients a number of changes related to the perception of the world: some lose the ability to "read" the emotions on the faces of others, or themselves become less emotional. Someone indifferent perception of the news, which previously would have caused a surge of emotion. Sometimes patients become lethargic and lose the ability to empathize. Damage to different parts of the brain leads to the appearance of different simptomov.

"During a stroke, blood ceases to act in a certain area of ​​the brain cells die and irreversible changes. Each stroke has its own characteristics, and human life varies depending on what part of the brain to suffer ».

Mr. Myatt suffered a stroke in 2004. "Now I appreciate every passing day" - he admits.

Source: mixstuff.ru/archives/34193

Tags

See also

New and interesting