Modern tattoo artists

Famous tattoo artist in an interview shared all the details of their work: how to become a professional tattoo artist, which often get tattoos, which come from customers and of course how much it costs to make a tattoo. To learn how to become a tattoo artist

As a child I watched a lot of TV, and often seen as the bad guys and beat bear the different tattoos, so this whole entourage hold of me at an early age. In high school, college and university, I studied very badly. The only thing that I really liked to do - is to draw. As a result, to release from the university, I realized that nothing more and I can not. At 21, I received a gift his first special tattoo equipment, and my friend voluntarily gave himself for my first job. Then I made a terrible tattoo, which he himself had a week and corrected.

I've always had a lot of friends and acquaintances from different subcultures and youth areas, many of them allowed them to practice. For a while, I beat a tattoo for food and some gifts, but a year later gave in his apartment home studio. A year later I was joined by co-worker and then I realized that the apartment we need to look closely and another room. Then my friend and I took a chance and invested all the money in the rent basement in the territory of one of Moscow clusters. Surprisingly, our boyish and load things at once went well.

My story - rather an exception: master usually get the experience that I have, in 10-15 years. This art in Russia never teach and learn the basics can only be asked for an apprentice to an experienced piercer. The most common tattoo artists are people somehow connected with subcultures having problems with the law, with their studies and so on.

About client base

The best way to advertise for tattoo artists - is word of mouth. If the tattoo is done well, the customer is required to show it to all your friends. If you also have the desire to fill a tattoo, they go to the already proven and nahvalennomu master, not to anyone.

If the tattoo artist is doing its job quality, listening to the client, pleasant in dialogue and polite, people will come to it again and bring their friends. And if he Zaznayka to stand still and not progressing, then it is unlikely to someone will come back. In addition, a qualified tattoo artist - not just a painter, but also a psychologist, a friend, a designer, a doctor and a counselor. You can compare the tattoo master barber with the difference that the hair grow back, and the tattoo is not going anywhere. Professions, like mine, no.

About fashion

Surprisingly, and in the field of tattoos also operates the concept of "fashion". Three years ago, it was in fashion birdies and ribbons. Five years ago, an epidemic struck all that was at rock stars and Selebi alternative scene: roses, stars and so on. Just look at Timothy, who was then stabbed himself old school, and all of his lead stars beat myself on my elbows. Circus same.

If you now ask the customer to fill a simple asterisk or inscription, I refuse. To get to me, I should be interested. My specifics - a realistic work or some experiments with graphics, any challenges. Every good master has its own focus.

About pricing

On average, in Moscow hour tattoo good level costs about three or four thousand. Speed ​​of work depends on the style and complexity. In three hours you can manage to score a half hands, if the work has a simple style. In such cases, allowed to make a mistake in two-three millimeters. But there are tattoos with high detail, which can be on a painting the size of ten by ten centimeters pore than one hour.

Many people think that prices for the work of tattoo artist is still underway in matchboxes and cigarette packs, but these traditions zekovskie real art have nothing to do. It so happened that in the Russian ancestors of professional tattoo industry Moldova were tattooists who have been imprisoned or army - not the best start feature. Now they are moving away from business because they can not adapt to the current trends.

About the process of

Most clients come to us with just ideas, and we, based on it, developed the idea to the end. Rare master agrees to fill a tattoo on the already finished the sketch, only if it deems appropriate, and incredibly interesting person. Each qualified tattoo artist can explain that it is better to do something personal, as if ready to hit the picture, it is likely that she was depicted on someone.

While getting your tattoo someone falls asleep, and someone yelling obscenities. The pain threshold is different for everyone. It often happens that bullies huge watery eyes pain and fragile girl quietly read books. The most painful places for tattoos out there, where the erogenous zones, clusters of nerve endings: the inner surfaces of the hands and thighs and seat bends. Hardest hit, where the bone is very close to the skin: the clavicle, spine, elbows, knees, fingers.

Tattoos do not it's best to thin or thick, and sports people. Leather - a tattoo canvas. It is much more pleasant to work on a solid surface than to sink his hands into the swamp of fat.

About alteration tattoos

Very often people come to us with horrible tattoos to make restoration or a complete cover-up, trouble. I interrupted his practice for a huge amount of horrific tattoos. Most often, cover-ups do men in most cases it is curves Army Tattoo: Pople, broken and scarred Vikings, dragons and dinosaurs. These things, I'm a doctor and I perceive it all more as lamentable diagnosis, rather than as something funny. I do not know how to do this, you can go, sometimes you just want to close my eyes and cry. But in general, ugly tattoos - it's not scary. Everything can kill or improve.

It happens that I am asked to fill the name or portrait of the beloved. I usually try to discourage tattoos emotional message, know that eighty percent of couples and marriages break up Russia. But customers are persistent and argue that their love will last until death do us part. After some time, these people, of course, again come to me and asked to remake a tattoo. In such cases, I propose to kill or make a portrait of him something on the theme of afterlife. Why not turn into a zombie ex-girlfriend, right?

Of course, all tattooists hang out a lot, and often drink alcohol. During these revelries somebody somebody necessarily nakolet tattoo, but most people wake up in the morning, see the tattoo, laugh and start a new day. I do not remember such a case, that someone was suffering. But when we go to the salon drunk people on the street, we just refuse them. Although then they often come back sober.

Dependence

Dependence on tattoos really exists, we call it "blue disease". People who do the work on yourself first, then make the most of a few. 80% of my clients come back for a new tattoo several times. And about getting a tattoo one basically no regrets, people will quickly get used to his new look and perceive themselves as part of a tattoo.

About clients

Tattoos mainly hit people between 18 and 35 years old. They are all very different from the poor young students to adults wealthy. Among our clients, for example, there are a few people from the "United Russia", and one deputy from the Liberal Democratic Party have a tattoo in the form of kissing the pope, a great number of intimate body piercing, and even he was homosexual. The members of the "United Russia" still modest, of course, basically they do family tattoos that remind of his wife, children and parents.

Recently, I have hammered a lot of hipsters. Is the most popular in these circles something original, not like at all. Although in reality these people are so individual and independent, which eventually create a single mind. Recently I did a tattoo girl who asked to fill in the back of the head of a deer, whose antlers are moving in the branches, and between them - a colored triangle. It's a quintessential hipster tattoo.

Divide the preferences of women and men in tattoos, I can not, in my practice all beat quite different and often defies logic thing. Users are asked to pin all: from religious paintings to some wacky cartoons. All individually.

About stereotypes

Many people think that tattoo - it hieroglyphs and dolphins. In Russia still demand for tattoos on the coccyx is very large. Most of the population - not very smart people, and therefore inject nonsense. They do not understand the industry, its style and direction, and even they do not love themselves. It's one thing to take Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod and other large cities, there are more or less all right with the tattoo artist. But in small small towns just awful what is happening.

Thank God, the situation is gradually improving. Almost all are now actively use social networking sites, where there are plenty of tattoo community. People still see it and begin to realize that instead of platitudes you can write yourself something beautiful and original.

In Russia, in comparison with Europe and the United States, the tattoo culture in a terrible position. Our people are only just beginning to abandon the conservative views and understand that tattoo - it's still not zekovskaya attributes, and some modern art. But after a couple of years the situation will change dramatically for the better: the human perception of culture change much, and all conservative views will go into oblivion. Among Russian artists have a lot of talented guys, and now they are beginning to occupy a leading place in the world of tattoo industry, and in a Moscow high school will soon be even Russia's first department of artistic tattoos.

Source: www.the-village.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting