10 most common myths about the human body



How much do we know about our bodies, and if all this is true? After all, we took a lot of knowledge of the stories of our grandparents or at school, and these sources are not always reliable.

1. It is believed that it is better not to wake sleepwalkers, as this could ruin their psyche because of the sharp awakening. This is actually a misconception, much greater damage can cause injury from a collision with a door jamb, if people do not wake up. But they must gently and then help him go back to bed

2. If you jump into the icy water - you can catch a cold. There is no evidence to support this. Yes, the most common viruses in the winter period of low humidity, but likely to get much higher indoors, where many people. The only thing that can make the cold - to lower the body's resistance to infection which is already in the body

3. After the death of a man of his nails and hair for some time continue to grow. This is a misconception, in fact after the death of human skin is dehydrated and compressed, and therefore it seems that the hair and nails are longer

4. If you shave, the regrowing hair will be thicker and darker. Another misconception. Unshaven hair narrowed over time, and therefore appear to be more subtle than regrowing. In addition, over time, hair becomes lighter because of the sun, which also creates the impression that the new hair darker

5. The split ends of hair can be cured or air-conditioning shampoo. Delusion, of split ends can not be avoided in any way, but to cut them. A good shampoo or conditioner can protect the hair, but could not get rid of split ends

6. Men think about sex every seven seconds. If this were true, it would be impossible to concentrate on the essential things, such as work, and a lot on anything else. Fortunately, this is not true, and scientists have repeatedly argued that this statement is very much exaggerated

7. Different parts of the language are responsible for different taste. The idea that the taste buds in different areas of language to distinguish the individual sweet, sour, salty and delicious, discussed for decades, but it turned out to be false. Each area of ​​language can experience all the sensations. The idea of ​​the map of language in general has arisen because of mistranslation Harvard professor of German research

8. A man uses only 10% of his brain. Psychologist William James in 1800 used the metaphor the idea of ​​10% of the brain. This idea was picked up, misinterpreted as if the remaining 90% of the brain is not used at all. In 10% of these are utilized alternately from different parts of the brain, and without the other 90% of their work is impossible

9. Sugar makes kids hyperactive. It is not true! There have been 12 large-scale experiments, during which it is proved that there is absolutely no connection between children's behavior and consumption of sugar. Studies were conducted on sugar from candy, chocolate and natural sources. Even in the study of those who were considered sensitive to sugar, did not show any changes in behavior

10. Warts can appear after exposure to animals. Human warts are caused by a virus, which only affects people - papilloma (pappiloma). They can not be passed from animals with warts and even more so from the toads.

Tags

See also

New and interesting