almonds - 100 g (blanched in boiling water and peel)
Pistachios - 60 g (peeled!)
walnuts - 60 g
hazelnuts - 100 g
Dried figs - 200 grams (cut into 6 pieces)
flour - 100 g
dried apricots and prunes - 50 grams each
candied ginger - 15 g
ground nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
ground cardamom - 1/2 tsp
ground coffee - 1 tsp
ginger powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Clove powder - 1/4 tsp
White pepper powder - 1/6 tsp
honey - 80 ml
white sugar - 70 grams of brown sugar + - 70 g
water - 2 tbsp
Nuts are roasted, used rice paper (prepared according to package directions), the shape of round silicone 24cm diameter.
Technology of preparation:
1. Panforte is baked in small ways, 17-23 cm in diametre.Tolschina stick - within 2-2 5 cm
Panforte to form and close to the bottom and the walls. For this purpose, a small wafers (those used for communion), or rice paper, tracing paper or baker's. In the first two cases, Panforte cut with waffles / rice paper and baking paper to remove. Make it simple, so you can not tormented by the question, how important is the use of rice paper, appearing in many recipes. However - do not forget to grease the baking paper with oil, or carrot stick!
2. The oven is heated to 150 to 160 degrees C and not higher! This is essentially because as part of the carrot honey and sugar, which will burn at a higher temperature.
3. Nuts roasted and cooled. Grind them or not, peel or not - does not matter. At your discretion.
4. Spices recommend that you buy whole and grind in a coffee grinder / ground in a mortar. If you use a coffee grinder - Mix spices with 1 tsp flour (from the counter), then grinding and will be thinner.
5. Dried fruits and candied peel should be cut into small cubes.
Actually the cooking process:
1. Mix the flour, spices, nuts and dried fruit in a large bowl.
2. Mix the honey, sugar and water in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
3. At very low heat, gently disturbing, bring the mixture to a boil and the sugar is dissolved. Boil the syrup should be up to the stage of "soft ball". In practice this means: just add 1/2 per item. 1 tsp sugar water and boil to dissolve the sugar. In any case, check before you remove from the heat, the degree of cooked syrup.
4. Pour the syrup into the bowl with the flour and knead the dough. Be careful not to pour the syrup on the walls of the bowl, only flour! Once on the cold walls, syrup flash stick and tear off it then it will be impossible!
5. Put the dough into the mold, ram it (wet spoon or a wet hand) and put the form in the oven on the middle shelf.
6. Oven 30 minutes.
7. Completely cool, remove the paper, sprinkle with powdered sugar or cocoa (depending on the recipe), wrap in baking paper and foil. Store in the refrigerator - up to six months.