One measure of the stabilization of the situation in Iraq is the emergence of a large number of modern cars on the streets of the country. For the first time in several years, hundreds of thousands of brand new cars have flooded the country. If before SUVs were perceived as a symbol of the international coalition forces, it is now increasingly in the streets there are more jeeps belonging to the Iraqis. Photographer who shot this report was in the beginning of the year in Baghdad and took these pictures prove revival of car culture in Iraq.
1) Car in Iraq much.
2) Even in the slums of tight alleyways lined with cars.
3) What is the rules of the road and the driver's license in Iraq do not know. Everyone goes where he wants, while continuously pressing the horn and waving his arms. Pedestrians crossing the street, where they want, without paying any attention to moving cars. Drivers them reciprocate. In this case, no accidents per stay in Iraq, the author noted. Unfastened child in the front seat - a common thing.
4) kilometer traffic jams in this country - business as usual. But cars are quite different reasons than, say, in Moscow. In order to get from one area of any Iraqi city to another, it is necessary to pass through the checkpoint. Through the checkpoint cars go on a par with the speed of 5 mph.
5) In addition to the checkpoints in a city full of armed men, spot-check vehicles for explosives.
7) occurs here such airbrushing.
8) But the inspectors, the police and the military in general are always tuned complacent. However, the drivers too.
10) Local "GAI»
11) The roads in Iraq affect their condition. In some places the road surface is perfect. In any case, the quality is much better than the Russian.
12) Gasoline in Iraq in terms of our money is worth about 12 rubles.
13) Despite the absence of deficit gasoline sometimes on the roads here are also such original "filling».
14) woman driving on the roads of Iraqi unity. I saw one.
15) When on the road there are Americans, a vacuum around them. "The defenders of democracy" unbalanced and perenervnichal can open fire. Therefore, the sight of them, the drivers slows down away from sin.
16) In Iraq, very few Russian cars. Our car industry is represented by a "Volga".
17) who knew better times GAZ-24 and GAZ-31 brand new.
18) Only passing through the Hill of the author got the impression that every second car in this city the old Soviet "Rafiki».
19) At night, cars on the streets not too little.
20) This driver was against what I would have shot him a second ... he will run for a showdown.
21) Tahoe highly respected in Iraq.
22) Iraq still a former British colony.
23) Serious people only go escorted.
24) Here, too, transport
25) If it is necessary to the territory of the mosque can call on the tractor.
26) In India, such clunkers called "tuk-tuk».
29) In India, there are also such rarities.
30) There is also a cartage