Photoshoot Vogue in Iraq

Vogue magazine in September, demonstrates exactly why the West is not winning the war against terrorism. Moreover, it shows her why he never wins.

In general, it seems to me to understand what it represents today the Western world, inoplanenetyanam or where Osama-bin Laden should be read not Newsweek and New York Times, and much more influential Vogue, Hello, Cosmopolitan and free newspaper Metro (well, More catalog furniture hypermarket). These publications are much more determined view of the world in modern society than all the Newsweek and New York Times put together.

Apart from Iran's nuclear ambitions and other weapons component, the West is confident that the eastern, predominantly Muslim, the world does not understand. East fault that he did not want to adopt Western values ​​- because basically that because of its darkness and underdevelopment knows little about the western world.
But the thing that resists the east precisely because too good about this world knows. And I understand that all of these Britney Spears, MTV and Playboy model's death as the main news on CNN pose a threat to their society based on family values ​​and morality somewhat different.

Try to show a small Pakistani town modern glossy magazine - and you're unlikely to ever become his friend and will be invited to his house. The same glossy magazine, which has become an essential pillar of modern civilization in its modern life. With its supermodels, new trends and collections, as well as fashion photographers.

In the West, the whole of life is measured by this same gloss and gloss appears. Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada," says: "Do not be silly, they all want to be like us." And she was right. Everyone wants to be in this gloss, and those who are already there, feel that pulled the lucky ticket and will be until the end of time to prove to me my darkness. Meryl Streep's character, as you know, was written off with Anna Wintour, editor of the magazine Vogue.

That this magazine in September, affects most tasteless and disgusting statements which I have seen lately. London Fashion Week with her collection "Crisis in Darfur" behind this can not keep up. Vogue and here proves its superiority. They probably call it a fashion statement. I think in Russian something like a living earns Sergei Zverev. Because, in principle, his bare ass on TV, a collection of "Crisis in Darfur" and Vogue magazine photo shoot on the war in Iraq - a phenomenon of the same order.

The gloss to determine there is no death. Gloss - is continuous positive, immortality, absolute beauty and eternal youth. Here there is not only death, there are also ethical concerns do not currently and elemental desire to think. Gloss disaccustoms think - look, he teaches. How fast of glossy magazines learned the modern world, there are only two things that make sense. It is sex and money.

Vogue magazine photos of the war in Iraq - it's disgusting evidence of how the West does not understand what is happening around. How consumerism has penetrated everywhere, even emotions, perhaps, have utility value and experience compassion and are not included in the consumer basket. This photo shoot - about how today's world in the underground and houses in the suburbs saw the war in Iraq and his own role in the war. Soldiers, war and sexual violence - only items for sale the latest collections of Roberto Cavalli and Dior.

Sleeping soldiers with post-coital smile lying on a bed with a woman who looks clearly traumatized and use. Dressed women, although in Versace with all sorts of shiny pobryaushkami. So it seems the world daily violence, fear, suspense shooting around the corner, the futility of his mission, Abu Ghraib, explosions patrols, bullying local, shooting again, and the next morning all over again.

On the other hand, all this, of course, shows that it is Versace, Roberto Cavalli and Dior are waging a war with the East, especially the Islamic world. A rave reviews around the world for this photo shoot shows that there is nothing new, the world has changed. In the end, I know of at least one international broadcaster with the news 24 hours a day, which at the time did not put on the air a story about the anniversary of Beslan, considering that telekadry Beslan mothers are sexy enough.

What can we then demand that the magazine Vogue, which must specify the definition of fashion. In the next photo shoot only need to have probably shoot models in the new collection of Cavalli in the army hospital - in the midst of the wounded, with amputated legs and mutilated faces. It will be a life-affirming and sexy. In the world of gloss war in Iraq as, in fact, the crisis in Darfur, it is no less real event than what happens on the screen the film "Pirates of the Caribbean." But all illusions will sooner or later come to an end.
-

Tags

See also

New and interesting