When my sister lost her husband, I invited him and his son to live at my dacha, I didn’t think that everything would be like this

The first thing that can cause tension between people is simple misunderstandings. Even on the street, two strangers can quarrel if one of them jokes at the wrong time or makes some inappropriate hint to the other. Nothing new, people just distrust those they don’t know or haven’t gotten used to yet. This is our nature.

Peels This is why we feel more comfortable being with friends or relatives. Those whom we have known for a long time and whose habits and habits we know for certain. On the other hand, sometimes it feels uneasy when someone new appears in a familiar company, with his own rules and habits. Or a person you have known for a long time begins to behave differently. It can literally be stressful.

Tense relationships It is sometimes incredibly difficult to be the first to start an unpleasant dialogue. I don’t know what about men, but with a woman, that’s for sure. Especially if this woman is your sister. Moreover, which is not in the best position at the moment. But this is life and in it you need to choose what is more important to you. Someone else's well-being or your own. Or am I not right?

Marina and I lived in perfect harmony. Even in childhood, when we were little. Our parents tried to give us the best, including education. She is a teacher, he is a doctor. You yourself understand that in an intelligent family, most often the children grow up the same way. At least that’s what happened for us. But what can I say if my sister and I studied Latin just for fun in the 8th grade? And grandfather taught us to play chess at a very high level. We have learned to use our brains well.

Peels It’s a pity that just after school, Marina’s and my views radically diverged from each other. Our views on life were as different as heaven and earth. Yes, and our relationship was a little tense. For example, I immediately realized that a person needs to live in comfort. And prospects. Therefore, I began to look for a young man, at least from a wealthy family, and preferably with a good career. His appearance, character, and political views interested me just because. And, over time, I found one for myself.

But Marina, no. It was as if she didn’t want to become an adult and remained a little naive girl. She found the love of her life, married him, and didn’t care that he was as poor as a church mouse. But it showed hope, yeah. And he was romantic. Why was it? Well, looking ahead, I will say that he left behind a small son, a grieving widow, my sister. But he himself could not withstand the stress of construction. Where he worked for several years. They say my heart couldn't stand the heat. 28 years old, and still haven’t been able to get a job somewhere in an office or at least a warehouse...

As you can understand, my situation is different. My husband earns very good money and supports me and the children. Yes, we cannot always find a common language with him, but on the main issues we have everything figured out. So he didn’t really protest when I told him that I wanted to move my sister and nephew to our dacha. We haven't been there that often lately, but it's still living space. There is technology and amenities there. Why, there is a fountain and flower beds on the territory. If you want to heal your psyche for a couple of days, the dacha is the best place on earth. Calm and fresh air everywhere.

In general, I bought food, all sorts of little things for the first time, gave my sister money and took her to my countryside. This is a hundred times better than leaving him and his son in a rented apartment, where it’s cramped, hot, and where everything reminded him of his ex. She left me, gave a couple of tips on where everything was and where to go to the store, and went back to the city. Marina is a smart girl, life circumstances just happened that way. She can handle everything herself, you just need to give her a little time. Well, that's what I thought about my sister. Who knew that a person in marriage could change so much.

A month and a half later I came to visit Marina. She was a little late, but she and I sometimes talked on the phone and my sister always said that she and her son were doing well and had enough of everything. She laughed and thanked me. How did I know what was really going on with them?!

First of all, right after I opened the gate, I was greeted by... a goat. Thank God that I decided ahead of time to visit Marina and her son alone. The husband would have fainted at this point, and then everyone else would have fallen. Further on, behind the goat, I saw my nephew in shorts and Marina, with a brush and roller, painting something on the inside of the fence. It turned out that she saw a little rust and wanted to paint it over. The new spot stood out too much and therefore the decision was made to paint over everything. Cheap paint of a terrible color...

But dessert was waiting for me at the very end. My flower beds, my flowers and a couple of bushes. The fence... All this went to waste because it seemed to Marina that if she was already left at the dacha, she needed to squeeze the maximum out of this piece of land. And plant carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and God knows what else she sowed there. Turning my personal meditation corner into a tacky vegetable garden. Moreover, the sister acted as if nothing special had happened and everything was as it should be.

Where did all this come from? An aura of poverty, of some proletarian past. The desire to make everything somehow gray and bring a penny profit. She even took money from a neighbor because someone else’s goat was grazing our grass! So I had no choice but to ask her to move out of her dacha. This was a bad idea and I saw it personally. I had to spend a little more money on workers to get my flowerbed in order. And lend my sister some money so that she can continue to live in a rented apartment, as before.

I'm still a little shocked by how Marina has changed. But I can't do anything more. Although she is the closest of my relatives, I cannot support her and her child all my life. It’s a shame that she has changed so much mentally. And it’s a pity that our relationship is now tense. But we are both still so young and full of prospects. How did this happen?

Tags

See also

New and interesting