On my wedding day, my mother cried in her voice for the first time in my memory, asking me not to make a mistake.

Why do we need a family in the modern world, where there are fast dates, and promiscuity has become a symbol of a successful man? According to statistics, half of couples divorce after the first year of marriage. The heroine of our history tries to solve a difficult problem: why fate did not spare her family, and who is to blame for this.

When I got married, my mother cried in her voice for the first time in my memory. On the wedding day, she was not herself, she followed me around and begged me not to marry Ivan. “Light, daughter, this man will take you to the grave. I can see right through him! I beg you, my dear, to come to your senses! she repeated.

What about me? I couldn't change my mind. Not young, soon 30 years old, and never married. I really wanted a big family, kids. This was my chance.

Ivan didn’t like his mother because of his past. He had 2 marriages behind him. My mother kept saying that there would be no reliable man jumping from one woman to another. He's unreliable, period. But I convinced her. Divorce is not always the fault of one man. In many cases, it is the woman who leads the marriage to collapse.

In fact, I loved Vanya very much. He turned my head with beautiful courtships. No one extolled me like him. That's why I believed every word he said. My beloved could speak beautifully. Poetic, musical! I promised I wouldn't need anything with him. I wanted to give him two sons.

Ivan met his first wife at the university. Fall in love, get married. They didn't wear off their characters, they ran away. The second time he married knowingly. He would still live with his ex-wife, but her mother constantly plotted against him and interfered with the family. Their marriage was destroyed by their mother-in-law.

Unfortunately, my mother was right. My pink glasses shattered inside. After the wedding, my husband moved into my apartment. And within six months, terrible metamorphoses began to occur with him.

From a generous merry man, he turned into a quarrelsome gruff and meek. I used to drive to restaurants and buy expensive gifts. Changed bouquets every day. Now I could not question the extra penny for cosmetics. Although the head of the department had money!

I provided for my family out of my own pocket. My husband was saving money. Explained what he was saving for our house. No man should sit on his wife's neck in her apartment! And I believed him. I knew it wasn't quite right. The family should be provided by a man, or at least equally. I didn’t even discuss it with Ivan. I was afraid it would make him angry and leave me.

When I gave birth to my daughter, the dark days came. I went on maternity leave. I had no more money, and my husband was in no hurry to share his. Mommy also put a knife in her back, refusing to help. She warned me!

But our hardships did not end there. A year later, my husband confronted me with the fact that he was leaving the family for another woman. I realized I was cheating and didn’t really love me for a day.

I wasn't sour then. She tried to keep Ivan alive, to save her family for her daughter. But he left. I had a hard time raising a child by myself. She went to work when her mother went to settle and agreed to sit with her granddaughter. All this time I was eating and remembering my mother's words. She got her husband faster than me.

After two years, the incredible happened: Ivan returned to the family! Hardly from the threshold rushed to his feet with a plea to take him back. He wants a family and raises a child. He said he would be the perfect husband and father.

I have never looked at other men for that. It wasn't before. I did everything for the baby. And now I feel so sad. I seem to have fallen out of love, but I can neither forgive nor forget Ivan. I don't understand why a man needs a family if two previous marriages didn't teach him to value it.

“If you take it back, I will curse it!” my mother promised me. She advised me to chase my husband. They don't change. And I'll find a decent man.

But will I? I am 32 and have a small child. And Ivan tearfully promises that he will never betray us again. Should I go back to him or should I listen to my mom?

Tags

See also

New and interesting