Why Tamara Gverdtsiteli has been living in the shadows for two years and how her career is developing now

For almost two years, Tamara Gverdtsiteli has lived away from social parties. What happened to the famous singer and where the Gverdtsiels I performed last year. Editorial "Site" prepared for its readers fresh news from the life of Tamara Gverdtsiteli.

In February 2022, the singer hastily left Russia. No explanation and no need to talk. The reason for Tamara Gverdtsiteli was very respectful. Her mother was seriously ill and she needed to be rescued quickly. Tamara, along with her mother, Inna Wolfovna Kofman, went to Israel in one of the best clinics. But, alas, even Israeli doctors can not create a new heart that will beat in the chest of the mother. Inna Wolfovna was 83 years old, and Tamara Mikhailovna was left alone. A year earlier, his father, Mikhail Pavlovich Gverdtsiteli, had passed away.

Parents in the life of every person are the closest people. And their care always painfully affects the lives of children. So it happened with Tamara Gverdtsiteli, after a personal tragedy, she closed away from the social fuss. She limited her communication to close friends and family. All concerts were cancelled and all projects were put on pause. After a while, Tamara Gverdtsiteli also began to have health problems. She had to go several times for examination and treatment.

Some journalists credit Tamara Gverdtsiteli’s departure from the stage with her political disagreement with the Russian government. But the singer herself has never directly stated this and still remains an honored artist of the Russian Federation. But the singer refuses to come to Russia and sing for Russians. According to some reports, she raised her fee for three hours of performance to 50 thousand euros and outside Russia.

The singer lives now in her luxurious mansion in Tbilisi. But also about the touring activity does not forget. So, 2023 was very rich performances in the United States. Tamara Gverdtsiteli performed in such large cities of America as Los Angeles, Denver, San Francisco and others. The singer did not want to advertise her tour of America. But things like that are hard to hide. And, of course, the public immediately began to resent and demand to deprive the singer of Russian citizenship. This scandal quickly faded away, especially since the singer herself did not comment on the situation.

The singer even wanted to accuse that she removed from the repertoire of songs in Russian. Here Tamara Mikhailovna could not stand it and commented that it is impossible to remove these songs from her repertoire. “Music has no boundaries. My concert is like a bouquet of flowers, where each flower represents songs in Russian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, French, Yiddish and Hebrew. I’m happy that I serve music and I don’t have to go out and make excuses.” In April 2023, the premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical Sunset Boulevard took place in Yerevan, where Tamara Gverdtsiteli played the main role of silent movie star Norma Desmond.

What plans the singer has for 2024, remains a mystery. Tamara Mikhailovna does not advertise her tour schedule and continues to spend all her free time at home in Tbilisi. But despite everything, fans are still waiting for her new concerts and very much miss her voice.

Tags

See also

New and interesting