My granddaughter adores my grandmother, but not me, because I don’t give him expensive gifts, unlike the vatya.

What could be better than visiting your beloved grandmother? To a village where the air is fresh and everything seems different from what you've seen before. The cows here are not like in the movies. Chickens are busy pecking grain, and the rooster guards them. And the people here are original, and everyone is dressed for what he is proud of. And on the holidays, everyone comes together and celebrates this business as it should. Do you remember when you were a kid? She came to see you. grandmaTucked in her sleeve, and winking, handing out crispy bills. And you took that money out of embarrassment, took it. Oh, it was time.

There's no more of this. People changed: they became cold and arrogant. Even village youth try to look no worse than the capital fashionistas. He spreads his fingers with a fan and pretends that they always had it. Well, let him. The only sad thing is that grandmothers remain so – kind, naive and a little timid. They are still waiting for grandchildren from the city and sad about trifles. The world around them is changing very rapidly.

I would like to stay at home at 61 years old and babysit my grandchildren. But my head is busy with something else. I’m already the second day in the most serious thinking: should I quit everything and go to work? I think there's still time. My best friend is busy with her business. There are no pets. Only loneliness and disappointment remained. Is it worth giving up the trip because of them? And a penny is never too much. A year and a half or two of weather will not change, but my financial condition will definitely improve.

Although at the moment I do not have any impressive means, this was not always the case. I got married quite late by then standards, but I found the perfect man for myself. With the right character for me, smart, wealthy. Ilya was what is called the “master”. And I loved him, and I respected him even more. Like everyone else, we sometimes had disagreements. In my entire life, I never thought about divorce. Not once. Now look at modern families. It's just horrible!

Unfortunately, God gave us only one daughter, Marina. We've been trying to have more kids for a very long time. But it didn't work out. So we gave all our love to our only child. Marina went to the best school in the city, we hired tutors, coaches for her, so that she did not feel deprived. To grow up smart and well-read. For a girl, these are very necessary skills. Nobody wants to talk to a stupid person, right?

Then the daughter grew up and she had the first cavaliers. While my husband was busy at work, I took care of it myself. I don't know how to put it mildly, but I was literally driving these yard cats off the door. Of course, such a literate girl as Marina had a lot of boyfriends. But all those boys wanted one thing from her. I was totally against that kind of relationship. I dreamed that Marisha would find the perfect husband and they would give me and her father a bunch of little grandchildren. Apparently, at some point I overstepped and my daughter was very offended by the fact that I did not let her walk when she wanted to.

Soon my husband became very ill. We spent a very large amount of money on his treatment and I wanted to go into debt so that my husband could recover. But he left us very quickly and unexpectedly. Just in a moment. Even at the funeral, I still couldn't recover. I thought he would come and hug me and everything would be the same. But unfortunately, that doesn't happen. While I was depressed, heartbroken, my daughter wasted no time. She moved from our apartment to a guy, and I didn’t have the energy or the energy to stop it.

Soon we began to communicate again, but Marina never returned home. A year and a half later, she invited me to her own wedding. By that time, I had already realized that without a man, a woman of my age had a very difficult life. Well, at least I found my husband's stash in the safe, just in case something happened to him. That money, and the bank account, kept me afloat. Nothing is infinite, you know.

A few days before the wedding, I found out that my daughter was pregnant. There was no limit to my joy. It was only when I met my svatya, on the day of the wedding, that the emotions subsided a little. Vasilisa - that's her name, knew that my Marina was in a position long before me. And she came to the wedding all in gold and furs, pretending to be someone you don't know. I didn't know anything about her at the time. Turns out she's a regular worker, just working in another country. He can afford anything. I still had savings at the time, so I was relatively calm.

A lot of time has passed since then and now I have two grandchildren. Years have taken their toll on finances, too. I try to save as much as I can, but the money goes like sand through my fingers. Recently I went to my daughter, to see my grandson, so I also had to fork out. She gave the child some money and bought gifts for her daughter and son-in-law. It's all right. Then I look, and they have a new TV. How long ago did you buy it? And Marina says it's a gift. Grandma sent it from abroad.

It's like I didn't have enough of this grandmother before. He has been in Germany for the second decade. I bought my sons an apartment, made money, so why don't you calm down? Comes home just to relax or on big holidays. Even though her husband is at home, there must be someone there. And most importantly, my grandson loves her very much. They constantly communicate on the computer, he knows her by name and even in front of me asked about his other grandmother Marina. I'm like an empty place to my grandson.

So I began to wonder if I would go abroad. Vasilisa can set me up quickly, she said. Besides, the two of you won't be so scared. Language, she says, is not necessary to learn. I'm not going there long. Okay, for a new experience. I'll rent out the apartment to some decent people, not students, for sure. And I will. Marina won't even notice my absence, much less my grandson. Another thing is that I worked only a few days in my life, I always had a husband for this. But I'm not lazy, I just didn't need to. The whole house was on me. I'm leaving, why stay home? The grandson will have two grandparents in gold.

Tags

See also

New and interesting