My mother-in-law is homeless and my husband thinks we should take her home, but I don't think so.

I don't even want to think about it. What awaits pensioners In the event that the prices of the simplest products increase again. After all, cereals, eggs, potatoes and vegetable oil are a large part of their purchases. What happens if this list becomes too small for them financially? It would seem much worse. But there is always a place to turn. It would be better, of course.

Of course, help for the elderly falls primarily on the shoulders of their children, not the state. However, lonely or abandoned old people, for various reasons, are becoming more and more. And this problem must be solved somehow, because you can not abandon a person who gave his whole life for the benefit of his country. And she didn't reciprocate. Otherwise, why do we need all these taxes and contributions to the Pension Fund, what is their specific meaning?

Very often on TV and on the Internet I come across videos and programs that talk about how hard it is in our time to live for ordinary pensioners. Such videos, of course, make you think about your own future. After all, I am sure that in the coming decades, little can change for the better, especially when it comes to caring for the elderly. However, in my case, there is also a mother-in-law who has long since retired, but also “sharpened the skis” to climb on my neck. And I don't like that at all.

Let me tell you how it was from the beginning. You're gonna judge me later, okay? After two years, my future husband and I decided to get married. We were young, up to our ears in love, but for a normal family life we lacked our own housing. Or someone else, believe me. We were ready and the corner in the apartment to shoot, but the money was very tight. Problems with work, and normal money at that time on hands few gave. Most often, they were paid in sugar or other products, such was the time in our small town.

After the wedding, my husband’s mother flatly refused to let us live in her apartment. Of course, two-room it could be called quite a stretch: rather, a room with a pantry. But for the first time, that would have been enough. Just for a month. Especially since I often slept at work, and my husband often went to night shifts. But we were given a turn from the gate and my mother let us into her house. A small apartment on the outskirts of town, cramped, but not deadly. And I'm very grateful to her for that.

After six months of this life, my husband and I realized that we need to try very hard and rent, after all, at least a room somewhere else. I've seen my mom often go outside for no reason, stay longer at work, all in order to give our couple more space. Because of this, I felt uncomfortable, I was frankly ashamed. Well, what do we do? So I began to saw my husband, so that we for some time tightened the belt and at any cost found a separate living space. But even in this case, Mom helped us both out.

She borrowed from several friends, got her money, which she saved for the future and decided to go to work abroad. On the one hand, you can make money, so at least her friends told her. On the other hand, we could live in her apartment and no longer feel stranded. Yeah, not choirs. But an adult couple living with someone else is one thing. And when you survive without neighbors, that's a different conversation. Anyway, Mom decided. I cried for 2 days after she left.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law found herself a boyfriend and couldn’t help but share her news with us. I came in person, even though I asked my husband not to give her our address. I remember that day, she came all joyful, breathless and, of course, with a touch of arrogance. We put the tea on while she kept praising her new date. He was 2 years younger than her, a former athlete, tall, strong “like an oak”. All that stuff. “Oak”, of course, instantly she registered and they found their love in a joint pastime. That's very nice. But what do I care?!

Then it was about 4 years. I got pregnant and my husband started making some money. There's development. And my mother, for her part, came home with the good news: she found a very good and profitable job. She even found a new man and they are serious. She did not stay long, but promised to help in the future. To confess, I listened to her promises in the middle of my ear, we already owed her “like the land to the collective farm.” But the fact that she found her love for me was very pleasant. I still believe that love rules this world. So it seems like we're starting to get better.

Then my mom started sending me money every month. For her it was a small amount, but for me and my husband is very impressive. I wanted to spend it on repairs, baby stuff and little things. I wanted to live like, you know, people. My husband encouraged me to start saving for the future. I am still grateful to him for that. Because at first I didn't understand how he could even tell me how to manage my mom's money.

But then, slowly, I noticed that the amount of our "piggy bank" is growing, and I too have a kind of excitement. Which led us to buy our house in the country. After a long time, of course. And yet, my husband and two children now have plenty of room. Six months ago my mother came with her husband and they stayed with us. Just imagine: they did not push us at all. It was so nice to know that. We used to live in very different conditions. How things have changed in life!

The only problem that is ruining my life now is my "favorite" father-in-law. Like I said, she found the man she lived with all along. But at some point he got firmly on the glass so that he began to slowly take things out of his wife's apartment. They both had no money and I knew it. But when my husband told me another sad story about his mother, I immediately remembered her kicking us out of her doorstep. What am I supposed to do, cry?

And recently, Dmitri died. That's the only reason I found out his name. Almost no one came to the funeral, including me. My husband told me everything. No one's everlasting. However, this former athlete during his lifetime, as it turned out, scored a lot of debts in banks, which my mother-in-law simply can not repay. The only way out is to sell the apartment. Now you know what I'm getting at? Yes, my husband is opaque insinuating to me that it would be nice to have his mother stay with us for a while. We have every opportunity.

And I personally strongly oppose it. Like her mother-in-law, she's a nightmare. Like Grandma, too. Even though we have an extra bed, I am well aware that I will have to cook for one more mouth, wash and so on. Why on earth?! Yeah, and what's really upsetting about this situation is that my husband's mom is going to live in a house that my mom actually made money from. Is that normal? Nope. So let him sell the apartment, and with the rest of the money he rents something practical. That's my opinion. Nothing to complain about, she had a chance to prove she was a good person. But she didn't. As the saying goes, “What you sow, you will reap.” And I totally agree with that. You should have thought sooner.

Tags

See also

New and interesting