When my son got married, I offered him and his wife to move in with me, then they refused, but now they began to ask back.

Adult life often gives us not too pleasant surprises. Anyway, these surprises have to be dealt with. Mostly. trial Build a normal relationship. Marriage partner, children, parents. And sometimes this task becomes very difficult. But what can we do? In any situation, you can find the right solution. All you have to do is choose what sacrifices you're willing to make for a compromise that's convenient for everyone.

Peels Young couples, at first, often suffer from housing problems. Renting a property hurts your wallet and confuses all plans. You want to have a baby? That's commendable. But will you have enough money to buy things for your baby and everything after paying all the checks? Nope? Well, then we've got to dig a little more. A year, two, five, ten. And at this time, routine and household eat all the romance. Perhaps that’s why divorce rates have been so high lately.

Usually, at my age, there are no such problems between parents and children. At least, it seems to me, such situations should not arise at all. But, apparently, such a time has come that I, as a grown woman, have to decide whose happiness and moral balance for me is more important - mine or Kirill. I want everyone to be happy. As always, neither here nor there. Toss a coin.

Before my son met his current wife, we had a great relationship. We lived together in a two-bedroom apartment and never fought. Even on domestic issues. He studied, I worked, life went on as usual. And I only hoped that one day he would find a decent girl and they would have a friendly, close-knit family. What mother thinks otherwise? So when Cyril had Lera on the horizon, I was very happy. She took her with all the warmth of her heart.

I do not want to slander or slander my soul, but my daughter-in-law treated me cooler. Well, that must be the character. Even on the wedding day, she was left alone with me at some point, just silent, looking away. Right through me. Well, I'm just a mother-in-law, she doesn't live with me, she lives with her son. By the way, it was at the wedding that I met her parents, before we only talked on the phone. That's the way things are.

Matchmakers expressed the opinion that children need to buy a separate apartment. But with my pension and part-time salary, I couldn't afford that luxury. And the son knew it well. It was a bit embarrassing, but I’m a single woman with no savings. Aren't there millions of us around? Not everyone is lucky in life, imagine. But, on the other hand, I did not mind going to meet my son and daughter-in-law. Let them live with me. One room would be enough for them, and with household chores I could even help. Better than renting someone else's apartment.

However, the children decided to do otherwise. Matchmakers gave them a certain amount for the first installment on the mortgage. To be honest, I didn’t like this decision right away. Do you have this responsibility at the beginning of family life? And for what? One-bedroom apartment in a new building. Yes, the ceilings are high and there are repairs. But the neighbors, to me, can be heard very clearly. The yard is small and, if you look at it, looks like a solid parking lot. From the infrastructure next to the grocery store and public transport stop. I have a brick house in a nice neighborhood. What's better?

But they chose this path and began to live as a family. Sometimes my son called me, sometimes we met in a cafe. I even visited them a couple of times, never empty-handed. And everything seemed to be going well. I haven’t seen much change in their lives. The daughter-in-law wanted everything. After two years, have a baby, then another. Kirill began to disappear for days at work: mortgage payments did not disappear anywhere. They are also young and want to live well. Where do you get the money? I wish I could find out.

In order to distract myself from loneliness and other problems, I started talking to an old friend of mine. We used to be friends, but then somehow stopped keeping in touch: my son’s wedding and personal experiences completely distracted me. But now there was plenty of time. And she introduced me to Sergey, her former classmate. He's a nice, handsome man. Divorced, but with a good sense of humor and a pleasant character. I'm not even 60 yet. I never considered myself an old woman.

Little by little, I had some affection for this man. And he reciprocated. And since we're not old people, but we're not kids anymore, I wanted my new man to be by my side. And Seryozha didn't mind. That's how we started living together. Even with his son, they found a common language literally from the first day of acquaintance. Well, things seemed to be getting better, and I began to hope that our lives would only go uphill.

A few months later, Lera became pregnant. And it's fine, great news. But it turned out that young people were not ready for this stage of life. They started having household misunderstandings. About money, responsibilities, plans for the future. There was no harmony. And they, especially their daughter-in-law, wanted to change something in their lives. They even talked about me and my apartment. Indeed, why not move to it, since this is the case, and your mortgage apartment not to give to third parties? I really have all the conditions, right?

But I suggested doing it before, when there was every opportunity. But now Sergey lives with me and four people will not fit in two rooms. I knew it well and I am sure of it until now. The son started taking offense. In order to somehow influence the situation, Sergey suggested leaving everything as it is. And he will give his car as a gift to Kirill. For personal use or even sell it, if there is no other solution. As long as my daughter-in-law doesn't want to move in.

And even that was not enough for them. I started calling matchmakers, trying to shame me that because of my stubbornness our children have to suffer and all that. They have more opportunities, but what can I do? Seryozha comes home from work every day with no mood and is ready to pick up her things. But I don't. Why should he leave me if I don't want to live with my pregnant daughter-in-law? The pressure is enormous and it hurts my inner mood. And what to do, I don't understand. I hope I have a grandson and the children will sort out their own problems. I can hardly find another man, so I will stand my ground until the end. So I'm sorry, Kirill, but you're an adult.

Tags

See also

New and interesting