My husband and I lived in our hearts until one day he told me his terrible secret.

Most women and many men in a relationship (at least before marriage) often have a so-called relationship. fallback. Most often, this is the same “secretly” in love friend or girlfriend who will go to great lengths for the reason of his sighs. Over time, life puts everything in its place, and even these very backup options for the most part take up the mind and develop their own relationship with someone else. But unfortunately, this is not always the case.

It’s important to understand that if the person you have feelings for doesn’t want to have anything to do with you, your situation won’t change over time. People deep inside are selfish. And in using others, they have no conflicting feelings. Therefore, do not dwell on your “future soulmate”. It is better to take care of yourself and self-development. When we feel better, people see it. Which has a great effect on both self-esteem and the quality of our lives.

I knew the backup version of my husband in high school. When I was in 11th grade, older guys came to our disco, and Denis was one of them. Sophomore, in a cool jacket and with live blue eyes. I remember then I was crazy about his mysterious charisma and panibratical nature. He knew all our guys, and the ones he didn't know just wanted to meet him. I wasn't even close to his company that night, but life brought us together a little later.

When I myself began to study at the institute and had already undergone some “combat baptism”, I met Denis again. Now he was graduating, but he was still the nice shirt guy I met a few years ago. And although I was bubbling with maiden insecurity and doubt, this time I had the courage to come and meet. His reaction was very sweet, and he suggested I meet in person in a couple of days. I was in seventh heaven with happiness.

As time went on, we started dating, and then we started living together. Denis found a good job, and I continued to study. We were a modern couple and that suited me. It was nice to know that I, a short, fat girl, could feel quite well near my tall and pretty gentleman. I always knew he wouldn’t hurt me and wouldn’t let anyone in the world say anything offensive about me. The wedding was not long in coming. Although Denis said that this is just a “holiday for showdown” and he does not take it seriously.

We grew, developed, constantly came up with some new plans for life. But I insisted that Denis stop seeing his friends every other day as if they were still high school students. I was also not happy with their visits. I wanted some peace and quiet with my loved one. 25 years is no longer a childhood. It's time to think about the future, about family.

Denis sometimes grumbled about it. He said he was not ready to say goodbye to his past life. But I saw that he had potential. Don't think about it, we weren't some troubled couple, no. Just after work, Denis ran to his friends. I didn't stay at work to finish everything. Didn't go home to me. I went to my party. That's how he felt alive, I guess. At least he told me that.

One day, after four years together, he told me his secret. He has another woman. And all his friends know about her. In fact, they all welcome her more than me. Because it does not require much, does not force you to do some routine work, does not whine. I asked you to show me her picture. And there I saw a girl who was my absolute opposite. Tall, thin, with blonde hair. Damn, I'd fall in love with her.

But Denis said it was his backup option. Because I was his wife. I was his life partner. And she's nothing serious. Okay, discharge. That's it. To confirm his words, Denis then took out the phone, called this girl and told me that now I know about her. So they can't have anything serious. I hung up. Like it was supposed to make things better in my eyes.

Personally, I’ve heard a lot about couples who, even when they’re married, have an open lifestyle. I mean, dating other people, and not only. It's always been wild for me. But the calmness with which my husband talked about his, in fact, mistress caused me mixed feelings. I'm being cheated. Or cheated, whatever. But at the same time, they're talking about it. How to proceed is up to me alone.

So I took a couple of days to think. I moved to live with my best friend, with whom, unfortunately, we did not communicate for a long time. She listened to me and gave me some advice. At first, of course, it was wild to say that. Everything floated like a fog. After a good night’s sleep, I realized all the information. She had a long conversation with her husband. Weighing the pros and cons. Then I talked to my friend again. But I ended up coming home.

Seeing me, Denis with a grin pointed to the table, where in the vase I was already waiting for a bouquet of beautiful flowers. There was sushi, chocolate, everything I love. My husband clung to me and asked if I had forgiven him and perhaps realized that he was not so bad after all. In response, I pushed him away a little. Not much, just so he knows I'm serious.

I said yes, I got it. And more than that. I’m ready to go into that water with him. Then I pulled out my phone and showed him my correspondence on the dating app. It turned out that in our city it is quite popular, so there was something to choose from. My first two dates were this weekend. I got myself a backup. By the way, during this one miserable day of correspondence, I heard, or rather read, so many compliments about myself that I did not hear even at the beginning of my relationship with Denis.

My husband's reaction was violent. He tried to delete all correspondence and app from my phone. It is good that modern smartphones require fingerprint identification. Then he made a scandal, justifying it by the fact that he called his “backup” and canceled everything. I didn’t want to follow his example at all. Then he went to the balcony to think. Then I wanted to go for a walk, but changed my mind when I saw how calm I was about it. I took a cold shower.

Peels And I just watched his actions and wondered how a person can change if you apply to him what he previously considered something insignificant. I was even curious what that might lead to. Anyway, I have plans for this weekend. My backup option. And I don't know where they're going to lead me. Even a divorce. But this situation seemed to open my eyes and gave me an opportunity to look at our union from the outside. Tired of being an errand girl. I want someone running after me if that's the case. You don't want to start a family, okay? Perhaps someone will be more accommodating, we will see!

Tags

See also

New and interesting