A friend decided to go to work, and I asked to look after her elderly mother, but my conditions did not suit her.

Many of us know how difficult life can be when we rely on ourselves. Therefore, when we need to help a person, especially close, we try to meet each other. Unfortunately, some people take the help of others for granted. Is it worth denying such people help, even if they need it? Tough question.

Today's edition. "Site" She will share with you the story of a reader who, according to her friend, asked too much for her help.

We need to help people

I have always been on good terms with my neighbor Ole. Being almost the same age, we were friends with her since childhood. First she got married, and then I got married. Our children were born after each other. I gave birth to a son in March, and Olina’s daughter was born in June. All these years, my neighbor and I supported each other as much as we could, because both lived poorly and understood what it was like. Unfortunately, Oli’s personal life never worked out. She divorced her husband a long time ago, and therefore raised her daughter alone. This is not easy, and she also had to constantly take care of her mother and keep up with the housework. In general, it was difficult, there was not enough time for myself.

When Ira, Olina’s daughter, entered college, her friend thought to go abroad and asked for a favor. Still, she couldn’t just leave her mother, she needed someone to visit her and help around the house. I thought I needed to help someone. I didn't want to leave my friend in trouble, so I agreed.

The thing is, I have a little less to worry about. The husband earns well, the son got on the budget, and the parents feel good, thank God. Taking care of an elderly person takes time. So we agreed that I will come to her mother three times a week, and she will pay me 3 thousand hryvnias a month. The price, of course, is quite symbolic. But I was ready for it. It was strange, but I felt that Olga was disappointed with such an agreement. However, she did not have to choose, and she eventually agreed.

Peels Caring for an elderly mother So has been a year. Olga was working in another country all this time, and I was taking care of Aunt Vera. In fact, I came a lot more than three times a week because I saw it was necessary. Sometimes she even resorted at night, when Oleen’s mother suddenly became ill. Olya paid me as agreed. In early September, she went home on vacation. To be honest, I thought that maybe some souvenir will bring, tell about life in another country, but she did not even come to me. I thought there was a lot to do and I didn’t bother.

It was only when I needed help that I realised the reason for this inhospitableness. The fact is that my son had the opportunity to go to study abroad for a couple of weeks, but I did not have the funds to do it. Then I decided to ask Oli if she could lend me 800 euros for a few months. My request was categorically refused. In addition, Olga said that she paid me too much. After all, a normal friend would not ask for such help at all.

I was shocked by that statement. Did I do something wrong? I spent so much time caring for her mother as if for a native, and did it objectively for pennies. So far, Olga has been able to earn good money abroad. And she also regrets not saving me.

Back to work

Of course, my neighbor didn’t help me. Plus, she called me mean. But a week later she came to me, because she was going to go abroad again. She wants me to agree to take care of her mom for two grand, not three. After all, her daughter needs an apartment in the city, you need to save money. I told her that I would not help her for two or three thousand dollars. Intellectually, I know that We need to help people.. How will her mom be here alone? But I just can’t forgive this attitude to myself. If my neighbor treated me like a human being, I would never refuse to help. But it's not my fault. Now let Olya herself get out of the situation.

Tags

See also

New and interesting