I came to visit my mother-in-law, and she freezes eggs, I was surprised, but she explained everything to me.

Nothing will be lost from the hoarder! Let’s say you made sand dough or mayonnaise and you had egg whites. Or nowhere to put the yolks after cooking an air meringue. In this article, we will tell you how to save eggs in the freezer so that they can be used even after six months without losing taste and benefit.

It is important to remember the main rule – whole eggs can be frozen only without shells, otherwise they will crack and become food for bacteria. You can also not put hard-boiled eggs and their components in the freezer. After defrosting, the delicacy will lose its former structure and fall apart in its hands.

Freeze only fresh eggs! Check them for freshness is very simple: immerse the product in a deep container with water and select only those that have gone to the bottom. Floating "ships" are better not to use.

Prepare a mould for ice or cupcakes, a corolla, food film and follow simple steps.

1. Break the egg into a separate container and beat to a uniform color and texture.

2. If you want to make a blank for specific dishes - sweet or salty - add salt or sugar and mix well again.
  3. Pour the mixture into molds and put in the freezer for 4-5 hours. You can additionally wrap the forms in one layer of food film or foil.
  4. If there is not enough space in the freezer, remove frozen eggs from containers and pour into a food container or bag with a ziplock. Use a knife if the ice cream is firmly frozen in the mold.

5. For convenience, stick a sticker with the date of freezing on the storage container. Done! In this form, eggs can be stored for 6 months or more.

Here everything is simple, act on the same algorithm. The main thing is to first thoroughly beat the product. Frozen proteins can be used to prepare meringue, protein omelet, glaze or cream, biscuits or angel biscuits.

Yolk blanks can be added to the dough for noodles, muffins or yeast dough, and also make homemade mayonnaise, cream brulee or bechamel sauce from them.

Important: If you find that frozen eggs are covered with an ice crust, throw them away without regret. This product is no longer edible.

Eggs in the freezer: how to defrost egg blanks It is best to allocate for defrosting overnight - so the eggs will acquire the original texture. Put your eggs in the fridge and get to work in the morning!

If time is short, take out a container with an egg from the refrigerator and place it in a bowl of cold water: the temperature difference will not be so noticeable, and the product will retain all its benefits. Such defrosting will take 20-30 minutes.

Will the taste of the product change? Of course, the low temperature will make its own adjustments, but not significant. Chefs note that the egg taste weakens slightly, but this will not spoil the pastry, where the egg is necessary to bind other ingredients. If you want to use a blank for frittata or omelet, add a pinch of more seasonings, spices, vegetables and fresh greens.

Tags

See also

New and interesting