I visited my neighbor and realized that I urgently need a new repair, called my daughter and asked for money, but her answer made me feel bad.

When neighbors for many years admire each other's property, whether it's a car or an apartment, it's not jealousy. It’s a little bit of competition, if you will. You can always improve some part of your business. In the house to repair, and change the car, for example. And people will praise you.

But first of all, you need to calculate your strength correctly. If a neighbor has the possibility of expensive purchases, it does not mean anything. Maybe he's in credit. Or won the lottery. Then there is no point in competing, you can’t prove anything anyway. And if it is very hot and you want to show everyone who is the master here, you need to be ready for unreasonably large expenditures for the sake of a dubious result. Everyone has a hobby.

When even a daughter turns away from her mother, her hands drop by themselves. I don't know what I'm doing. Is there something planned or what? I think I'm not a bad person, I haven't offended flies in my life. And she never yelled at her children. And it turns out that everything goes against me and there is no one to complain.

Ten years ago my husband left me. To another, not even my peer: Jeanne is 2 years older than me. My former classmate. We used to talk to a company and they stole it from me. Of course, the husband came up with a lot of excuses and accusations. That I've been different all my life, that he only tolerated me because of the kids. But now that they have grown up, they can learn happiness in life.

Yes, we had a son and a daughter. I sacrificed my youth, appearance, health. And now it turned out to be "something different." Of course, when you're the boss of a construction firm, you have money and power, an old wife doesn't seem like such an interesting option anymore. You can find someone else, even a couple of years older. If only it wasn't so boring.

Then the son left, he was older than his sister, and all went to his father. He told me everything he had accumulated during his youth. The usual scandal, fathers and children. But why bother? Word for word, we quarreled and he left home. Then it turned out that his ex-husband helped him with a separate apartment and he now lives with some girl. He doesn’t want to talk to me, my advice doesn’t interest him, and he’s an adult now. Well, good.

But now my daughter left me. She had an argument with me recently and told me she needed some time off from our conversation. I told my mother. And why? I just asked her a favor. Yes, it took a little money for this service. Is there anything for a mother to regret? And the amount there was not so big, almost a penny.

The thing is, a month ago, my neighbor invited me to visit her. We live opposite each other, and our houses are almost the same size. I didn't make any extensions, and neither did she. Just expanded the area under the flowerbed. So, she invited me to her place, but did not warn me that she would have such beauty. I don’t like minimalism, but it’s something.

Every room shines. Nothing hangs on the walls, even the lamp shines brightly, but you can not see it on the snow-white ceiling. The bathroom is a work of art. Shower cabin and bath, all in the same style. Some materials that you can't even see. No dust, nothing. And it's very, very cozy.

I told my daughter what I saw the same day. I myself was committed to the repair of natural materials: wood, bamboo, stone, leather. Only then did I realize how wrong I was. How tasteless my choice was. But until that unfortunate moment, I considered my living space the most exquisite in the district. But it turned out to be a fiction.

Peels daughter listened to me, expressed condolences on this occasion, but did not say anything else. You see, she works abroad for me. He made a lot of money, even bought a car. For the past three years, she has been renovating the house. I mean, she was giving the money, and I was telling the workers what was going to happen.

You see, in our family, I'm the only one with a sense of taste. The kids were always learning, the ex-husband was making money. And I went to exhibitions, courses, festivals. I have several certificates that prove my competence. If desired, I can easily tell which color type is suitable for a person, looking at him only briefly. Yeah, it happens. But with the interior, of course, I had a fiasco.

So I asked my own daughter for a few more financial contributions, but only for the sake of the cause. It's not a quick thing, of course. At least part of the house could be rebuilt. I would have exchanged the furniture for a more suitable one. You can do this online without getting out of the couch.

However, before I could finish, my daughter stopped me. She told me she could no longer sponsor my "wanters." And I have to live my life. And I was so excited at the time that I just didn’t think of anything reasonable to answer. I kept my mouth shut. And the daughter continued.

She began to accuse me of living beyond my means, always wanting something unattainable and torturing people around me, including her. She doesn't like it, you see. So no more repairs to me. And sit me in a dusty room, with a wooden wall and fur on the chairs. As if I hadn't said before that, yes, I agree, I was wrong before.

That's it. The daughter picks up the phone very rarely and communicates only on abstract topics. He asks about his son, about his health. She's not gonna help. Which, in my opinion, equals that she turned away from me, too. So did her father and her brother. When I thought about what I would do at the end of my life, I didn’t even think about loneliness.

But life is not a fairy tale. And sometimes you think it's actually a natural horror movie. Only with no director and a meager budget. I want ordinary, human happiness. Like everyone else.

Tags

See also

New and interesting