I asked my parents for money to move to the city, but they decided to give this money to my brother.

What in this world can be stronger than motherhood? Even if the child himself is not able to understand the full force of feelings felt for him. Children often make bad decisions about their parents. Which they regret most often afterwards.

Therefore, it is so important to listen not only to your inner feelings, but also to the words of others. After all, in moments of resentment, we can easily do what we will regret for the rest of our lives. Our reader shared her illustrative story, which will be especially useful to those who are directly in a quarrel with their parents. Believe me, for the most part, the reason is not worth eating an egg. It's always better to meet each other.

For a village girl, many things do not seem so important when compared with her opinion of the city. Jewelry, clothes, fancy phone. It's all good, but it's not critical when you think about it. We villagers have always been interested in more meaningful things. Spraying on trifles is just a waste of time. At least that is my philosophy.

My younger brother was not very patient. He always demanded special attention, gifts and extra money from his parents. Most importantly, I almost always got what I wanted. As the oldest child in the family, I was internally ready for this and simply did not pay attention to this attitude.

Before my birthday, I talked to my parents. I was supposed to be 22 years old, and my only dream was to go to town with my beloved boyfriend Misha. We dated him for 3 years at the time. I knew his parents, my parents knew him. I asked for a certain amount so that I could settle in a rented apartment with Misha. There would have been something there.

Of course, my parents were not happy with my request, but they promised to help. In our village there was work, but it was paid ridiculously low. The salary was almost like the average pension. Natural pennies. And then. It’s hard to imagine what the situation is now.

Run ahead: my wishes were not meant to be fulfilled. A week before my holiday, my brother begged my father to give him money to repair the old jiguli. A car that's been rotting in a barn for five years. He suddenly wanted to “revive” her to show off to the locals. My father, of course, agreed. And I was told that if my man was serious, he wouldn't take money from his girlfriend. Let Misha pay for everything. I don't care if he's a student.

I literally lost control of my emotions. She yelled at her brother, her father, and called them names. Said she knew it wouldn't work. Once in 22 years, the attitude towards me has not changed at all, then why would he become better now? I took my old savings and things and took the bus to town. I remember that whole day passed until Michael and I finally met. And we celebrated my birthday with tea at his dorm.

Still, I was happy. A new life has begun for me. With its minuses, joys and disappointments. First of all, I was afraid of being alone, without my boyfriend, without money. Then there would be nothing left but to return with his head down to his native village and become the universal laughing stock. But I wasn't wrong about Misch. He became my husband, whom I still love very much.

With grief in half, we found me a job. It's no big deal, feed salesman at a big pet store. Since I got along with animals, for me it was a natural rest. A couple of times a day to tinker with bags of food and listen to sad stories from customers that their dog does not want to eat food, worth more than my daily diet.

Moving to another country I did not communicate with relatives. So when Misha talked about the possibility of moving to another country for work, I thought a little. I should have said goodbye. But then something turned negative, and I gave up the idea. I didn't want to spoil my mood, I guess. What would I say, I'm leaving, bye? Why did you even come?

We lived in Europe for four years. Imagine me milking cows yesterday, drinking bitter coffee in downtown Prague. At least Misha knows languages. And there, his acquaintances helped. We are now living in a nice apartment, though not our own. But, as I understand, half the world does not have its own apartments and does not care about it at all. I don't care much either.

Six months ago, I dreamed of a home in the village. Mom, dad, even brother. My mother was sitting on the bench and staring at me. After telling her husband about the dream, she decided to go home. Just for a week. But at least some change of scenery. First of all, I went to the village. Unfortunately, I arrived too late.

A mother’s love for her child met me. She sat and talked to a neighbor, an obese woman I remember from childhood. Seeing me, my mother stood up and hugged me first and then my husband. I was not happy because it was the first time I had come in years. Without warning, but at least with guests. I asked him what the news was, if he was married.

My mother, with tears in her eyes, replied that she no longer had a brother or father. A year and a half after I left, my brother broke up with another friend. Drunk, fear. Dad went to look for him in his car and only late at night saw him sleeping near a pond. Loading the insensitive body, began to return, but could not cope with the control, turned over and fell right off the cliff. That's how they both disappeared at one point.

I even imagined what it was like. To celebrate the two closest people. While I wasn't sure where. What a nightmare. It's awful. Then I asked Misha to go to the city, to the hotel. She spent the night and most of the next day with her mother. We talked a lot, we cried, we remembered. I kept wondering how strong a mother's love for a child could be. Is she willing to forgive me? But as time passed, it was time for me to leave too.

Then I promised my mother that I would return soon, maybe take her to us, so that she would not spend her century alone without a soul mate. But she told me she didn't need it all. She wants to stay here where she knows everything so well and has some familiar faces. She apologized for not stopping me. And blessed me and my husband.

That's how I found out that my family is now my husband. My mother will be far away from me. Both physically and mentally. It's okay, I understand. I didn't make my choice now, but when my father and brother were alive. Am I a bad person, have I done something stupid in my time? I guess I'm not the judge.

But you can't get it back, and you have to move on. Everyone has some family drama. And I'm not the kind of person to hang out. But in my heart since then, it's like something really disappeared. Some kind of warm feeling. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it. But my life goes on and I have to move forward. Towards an invisible future.

Tags

See also

New and interesting