After the wedding, my daughter and my husband moved in with me, I think it's time to hint to them that they're staying away.

I raised my daughter alone, and at times I had a hard time. But my little girl always had enough – I tried. My small business has experienced small ups and big downs. When my daughter Katenka was 15 years old, I even had to leave her under the supervision of my grandmother and go to work, because it was a very difficult period, and I knew that I would not pull. But now I have my own. flatI opened a small nail salon, and life got better.

No, in the family plan, I was left alone. And my daughter Katya got married and gave birth to a beautiful daughter Mashenka. From the first days, the newlyweds lived with me. Since my son-in-law’s parents live in a two-room apartment, and I have three-room choirs, everyone agreed that the young would stay with me until they got their own housing.

I agreed because I saw my son-in-law trying and earning. I thought at first that he would soon accumulate a certain amount and, with our parental help, buy an apartment. But a young family with a child, his salary is enough only for a living. And for an apartment or a house at such a pace, he does not soon collect.

In addition, matchmakers said that at one time no one helped them to get on their feet and that the young should take care of themselves. I realized that my son-in-law should not rely on parental sponsorship. Thus, my cozy apartment has turned from temporary housing for the newlyweds into a permanent residence for the whole family.

Two years ago, I was working again. I saved up a little, helped my son-in-law buy a good car. My daughter and I were very grateful and very happy. I don’t know what they liked better: a new car or a new car without parents.

My mother gave me an old house in the suburbs. I did cosmetic repairs there and use it as a dacha. As a summer option, the house is quite good, but it is clearly not suitable for permanent residence. In the warmer months, I enjoy living there. A young family with double pleasure lives in a vacant apartment.

When I come to the city, everyone is happy, especially Mashenka, but there is a certain tension in the air. I understand that they want freedom and independence. No one likes parental control as an adult. I know it!

I had a thought: remodel my mother’s old house thoroughly and start a major renovation there, so that I could move there completely to live. And at the family council, I suggested that the young people build a family nest there. But they began to convince me that Mashenka’s granddaughter would be better in the city. There is a kindergarten nearby, and a school nearby, and a playground. In short, I was persuaded.

I started remodeling rooms in the house, insulating walls, supplying gas and water, replacing windows and doors. My daughter and son-in-law helped me as much as they could. When it was almost over, I bragged about my accomplishments to a friend. And she stopped me by explaining that I was making a huge mistake by giving the young couple everything on a platter.

The girlfriend convinces her daughter not to give up an apartment with her son-in-law, but to move them to a suburban house so that they learn to achieve something and organize their life. She says that I have already done too much for my daughter, and then let her husband provide for her. And the apartment will be inherited by Mashenka.

I am confused: on the one hand, I have already agreed to live in the country, although the apartment is mine, and on the other, I want to abandon this idea and send my daughter and son-in-law to the suburbs if they want to live separately. I also miss Masha very much. What do I do? What should I do?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story shows what happens when parents continue to provide for their children even though they have grown up. Usually, you quickly get used to the good and sit on your neck, hanging your legs. The main character's girlfriend is definitely right. But what wouldn't you do in her place?

Tags

See also

New and interesting