We moved to a friend in Vilnius, and she does not buy bread, bakes “Poor man’s Halu”

The smell of homemade bread spreads throughout the apartment. Even my cat walks around the kitchen smelling fresh pastries. This Lithuanian hala comes in the oven, awakening the appetite of all households. Yeast bread recipe It's already written and waiting for our favorite hostess downstairs. I am sure that you will be delighted with both the cooking process and the result. I advise you to write down the recipe in a cookbook - you will come back to it more than once!

For the preparation of yeast dough in this recipe we will use live yeast. But they're easy to replace with dry ones. It'll only take 2 grams. You can also replace vegetable oil with butter or use margarine. Then increase the amount to 60 grams. The rest is very simple. Let's start cooking!

The ingredients
  • 375g wheat flour
  • 55g vegetable oil
  • 200 ml of water
  • 6g live yeast
  • 8g sugar
  • 6g salt
  • 1 egg

Preparation
  1. First of all, warm the water slightly and dissolve yeast in it. Add 125 g of wheat flour to the future poop. Let it brew for 20-30 minutes so that the yeast is activated. But keep in mind that the opara cap, as it usually happens, in this case will not rise.

2. Mix the mixture with vegetable oil, then add salt and sugar. Then in portions add to the dough wheat flour that remains. Mix the dough until it is as elastic and smooth as possible. For this you will need about 10-15 minutes.
  3. Form a ball of dough and place it in a bowl lubricated with vegetable oil. Be sure to cover the bowl with a towel or food film and let the dough brew. In 2 hours, the dough should double.

4. When the dough rises properly, put it around and divide it into 3 equal parts. From each rolling ball and let lie down for another 5-7 minutes. Then roll each pillar into a rectangular layer with a thickness of not more than 3 mm. Then roll it into a tight roll to make a long sausage from the dough.
  5. Puck the edges and roll each sausage so that its length is not more than 30 cm. Make the flagella pigtails from the middle. So much more convenient, and the final product will look more neat. Just weave the harnesses in the middle and then weave first one side and then the other.
  6. Lubricate the form for baking (the original recipe used a rectangular glass shape measuring 24 by 11 cm). Then put a blank from the dough in it and give it another 1.5 hours to fasten. Don't forget to put a towel on future bread.
  7. Lubricate the chala with a whipped egg and send it to bake at 180 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Orient yourself to your oven. After baking, let the bread cool, and only then take it out of the form. Bon appetit!

Yeast bread recipe: editorial advice Here in such a simple way, an ordinary muffin has turned into a real work of art. Lithuanian hala is the perfect bread to decorate the festive table. Due to the unusual way of cooking, baking acquires an incredible texture. It reminded me of Easter cakes.

If you want to make an even more unusual pastry, I advise you to study my recipe for chickpeas and quinoa buns. There is no yeast or wheat flour in this dish. And from the dough itself, you can make both buns and bread by simply placing it in a form.

Tell me what kind of bread you love and if you bake it at home. It will be great if you share your recipe in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting