I will not let my granddaughter into my apartment, will give birth there, will not be able to kick out the youth.

“My granddaughter has nowhere to live, and she decided that I could help her,” says Tatiana. The heroine of today’s history has long lived and worked in Italy. And her apartment at home is standing and empty. She specifically did not rent it out to meet her happy old age and not to mess with repairs after tenants. But now the woman's granddaughter wants to live in it. Whether she lets it there, we tell later in the article.

Since childhood, my mother taught me to think about my future independently, without relying on anyone else. Because I have always lived with the idea that everything in this life depends on me. I am 65 years old, the last ten of which are in Italy. Lucky to find a good job and get a job abroad.

At home, I have an adult daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. She recently said she had nowhere to live. She wants me to let her into my apartment.

I'm telling you in order. I left, but I decided not to rent my house. Relatives and friends twisted their fingers at the temple. Like it is, the apartment will just stand, although it can bring money.

But I think it would be better if it remained unharmed than if I were to repair it in my old age after the tenants. I promised myself that I would be home by the time I was 70. All this time I was saving money to retire and not deny myself anything. I've been plowing in without a weekend to this day.

I can't say that I spoil my family. I send 100 euros for each holiday. I think my conscience is clear. Why should I care about my daughter or granddaughter?

Thankfully, the daughter is also well settled. The husband earns well, the apartment was already its own, the repair is tolerable. Anyway, the daughter doesn't complain. They live quietly, go to the sea every year. It seems like it can even be postponed.

My granddaughter, my granddaughter, jumped out of marriage. She's not even 25 years old! At her age, I thought about marriage last. And she just graduated from university, and so on. It turned out that the baby was waiting.

I will soon be a great-grandmother, who would have thought! Vaska got married and didn’t think about her future. I was hoping to live with my mom and dad. Wouldn't they kick their own daughter out of the house? Only here the relationship with the new son-in-law they did not work out absolutely.

My daughter called and complained about this guy every day. You're still young. I got pregnant with my granddaughter, and what to do next is unclear. Well, at least he didn't quit, as it often happens. Anyway, they can't get along. They quarrel, then they reconcile, then they quarrel again. It's an unhealthy atmosphere. That's why my granddaughter decided I'd let her live in my apartment until I got back from Italy. But I don't want to do that.

First of all, I know how this ends. Vasilisa will give birth, live in my apartment, get used to it. Secondly, in those 5 years, she and her husband and child, who will grow up, can easily ruin my house. That's not why I left it untouched all these years.

And thirdly, it's not my concern. Life has to learn something. Let this be a good lesson for your granddaughter. I'm not a magic fairy. The granddaughter was very offended. She said she was abandoned and betrayed. No one wants to help. Well, let him resent his mother. I do not want to participate in this story. Period!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story perfectly shows what can lead to a sudden decision to get married and clearly unplanned pregnancy. I believe that Vasilisa’s grandmother has every right not to help her, because this is a serious matter. As far as I know, their relationship is not very close.

Why should the main character let a man into his apartment who did nothing to live there? Some will say that relatives do not do this. But Vasilisa herself is to blame for being in this position.

What would you do if you were a grandmother from Italy?

Tags

See also

New and interesting