I no longer add rice to mince, I cook stuffed peppers 5 times tastier than usual.

I'm sure almost every housewife knows, How to cook stuffed peppers. However, not everyone knows that you can make this dish without rice, and the filling will be much juicier and tastier. What kind of magic, I tell in detail later in the article. Be prepared for household members to ask for a supplement!

How to cook stuffed peppers Traditional stuffed peppers are cooked with rice and meat filling. There are recipes that do not contain meat. Mushrooms are often used instead. However, rice remains one of the main ingredients. We propose to replace it with another cereal, namely millet. And the filling itself to modernize and make it much juicier due to tomatoes and a large amount of greenery.

I'm sure your family hasn't eaten such stuffed peppers yet. The dish is suitable both for the daily diet and for the festive table. Fingers are good!

The ingredients
  • 8 Bulgarian peppers
  • 300g ground beef
  • 200g pork mince
  • 3 tomatoes
  • 100g millet
  • 4 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 bundle of green onions
  • 7 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 tbsp ajiki
  • 1 quilt.
  • salt, hop-sunel, red pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. Let's do the croup first. Wash the millet several times under running water until it becomes transparent. Then pour the porridge with boiling water and let it stand for half an hour. It is necessary that all the bitterness comes out of the millet. Then drain the water.

2. Wash the Bulgarian peppers, clean them of the seed. Then mix the beef and pork mince. Cut tomatoes, cilantro and green onions. Add to the mince tomatoes, greens, onions and millet. Stir everything thoroughly. Then add salt and spices and stir again.
  3. Farm all the peppers with the stuffing. Then put them in a pan with a thick bottom and walls so that they fit tightly together. For the sauce, mix sour cream and tomato paste. Also add ajika to the mixture, mix all the ingredients and pour stuffed peppers with sauce.

4. Send the peppers to the stove and bring them to a boil. Then turn down the fire, cover the peppers with a lid and carcasses for 35-40 minutes. If necessary, you can add some water to the pot. After this time, let the dish brew a little under the lid. Done!

How to cook stuffed peppers: editorial advice I love cooking, as it gives the opportunity to experiment and play with tastes. Here, for example, my colleague Nikolai Laduba told how to make stuffed peppers with juicy potato filling. There is no meat in this dish, but it is no worse than the classic version.

The beauty of stuffed peppers is that you can cook them in different ways. We have already talked about the filling – that is clear. But what about the cooking method itself? On our website there is a wonderful recipe for baked peppers with meat and cheese. This is an accelerated version for those who never have time in the kitchen.

And if you have never cooked such a dish in your life, I advise you to familiarize yourself with all the pitfalls and nuances in the article at the link. By the way, stuffed Bulgarian peppers are great for freezing. The perfect solution for enterprising hostess who like to cook for the future.

Tell me, do you have your own recipe for stuffed peppers? It would be great if you shared it in the comments. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting