At my age, such expensive shoes are no longer needed, the children did not guess with the gift.

“My son recently gave me new women’s boots. But I'm going to get rid of them, Tamara admits. The heroine of today’s story is 60 years old, she is a widow and lives alone. But an adult son and daughter-in-law almost keep her, and do it of their own free will. Why then did the woman decide to get rid of the gift of her family? We answer this question further in the article. In the end, we ask you to give Tamara some advice.

My husband's new women's boots passed away 7 years ago. I had a hard time with this loss because I never thought I would be a widow at 53. I'm 60 now and I'm still working part-time at school. But I have to say, if it weren't for my grown-up son, it would have been a lot harder to make ends meet.

My Timochka works in IT, he has long had his own family. My son, along with his beautiful wife, raises a young daughter, my granddaughter Anecka. Every month Timothy pays for my communal and also buys me groceries. No matter how much I refuse help, my son and daughter-in-law do not listen to me.

Nastya is golden! While my friends complain about their daughters-in-law, I just smile. That's really lucky. Sometimes I think I don’t deserve such wonderful people. I’m always embarrassed to accept the help of my family. I remember when they gave me a phone for the New Year so we could always be in touch.

So now that Tim and Nastya brought me new women's boots, I was ready to fall through the ground. I know they are expensive, they cost 70 euros! I would never buy one for myself.

“Tamara Yurievna, don’t make it up, you still have to go to work, and winter is ahead. Your boots are already completely worn out! – said Nastenka from the threshold, when I began to refuse the gift. It's so nice to be taken care of!

I know that because I care about my grown daughter the same way. Her life was not as rosy as her son’s. Three children, no job, and even lives with the family of her husband. His parents are older than me, no longer working. He takes care of the entire family budget.

It's hard for them. I help my daughter financially every month. I have this opportunity because of my son. I'm not telling him, really. He thinks his sister is to blame for having such a life. Timothy never helps her and does not even want to hear about her problems.

I visited my daughter the other day. She immediately tried on my new boots and accidentally complained that she was completely worn out. I felt so bad for her. I know she can't buy new ones right now. We're size one!

Now I'm thinking about giving her my shoes, but I'm afraid my son will find out and misunderstand me. I don't know what to do. And I want to help my daughter, given her situation, and I do not want to offend my son with my act. What would you do if you were me?

Is it worth helping the daughter of Tamara Yurievna has the right to decide what to do with her gift. But her reluctance to offend her son is understandable. I think she should talk to him heart-to-heart. Explain that things don’t always go as well as they do.

Moreover, his sister is not a stranger to him. If they had made contact, who knows, perhaps Timothy could have told her how things could be improved. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting