Biology teacher cuts pelargonium even in winter, here's all her tricks

“The cutting of pelargonium is not easy, but it is interesting because breedership, which reproduce by cutting, just in a jar with water will not put - rot. There are no difficulties in this case, but there are tricks! – told me, as in spirit, a neighbor, a biology teacher with a long experience.

Today's edition. "Site" will tell you how pelargonium even in winter. New plants from frail bushes!

Pelargonia (it is also simply geranium) was previously considered a flower of aristocrats. Its delightful lush flowers and bright color will be the decoration of any home. Pelargonia is unpretentious, blooms abundantly all summer. Her shoots reach 80 cm.
The hanging pots look great!

This plant also possesses medicinalIt perfectly cleanses the air in the house. This flower is also known as a family psychologist. It is recommended to keep not only in the kitchen, but also in the bedroom!

Let me remind you again that pelargonium should be reproduced by cutting. Of course, you can reproduce this plant with seeds, but the germination is very small. The more elegant and spectacular the variety, the more difficult it is to reproduce.

I think that breeders took care of this: they are not interested in the fact that the result of their many years of work quickly gave offspring and thereby reduced the price of this pot.

In fact, pruning is very simple. Don't be afraid! Well, so that the uterine plant itself should be healthy. If there is a fungal disease, it is better not to rush, wait for spring, when there will be more light, well, and, of course, you need to treat the plant with fungicides.

The plant should be watered before pruning (at least 3 days). Tools for pruning (scissors, knife or other cutting) must be disinfected. At the same time, the scissors themselves should be sharp. Cut the young cuttings about 4 centimeters long. Remove the lower leaves, and reduce the upper ones, thus eliminating the evaporation of valuable moisture.

Leave the cut cuttings for 10 minutes to dry the cut. The top of the trunk after pruning can be anointed with “green”. I honestly don't smear anything.

During this time, fill the pots with dry soil Then moisten it from the spray gun. Slightly lower the cuttings in a special root former. For example, you can take "Phytoclone" or "Kornevin" and dilute it with water in a ratio of 1: 1. Then bury the cutting in the ground, slightly compacting the ground.

Put the pots themselves with cuttings in a bright place, but so that direct sunlight does not fall on it. For 3 days, you need to spray future pelargonium from the spray spray with settled water.

Thus, you can cut not only the usual zonal pelargonium, but also pelargonium royal, star-shaped, small-flowered. The method is working, I recommend it from the heart!

I also suggest you learn how to feed and how to care for geranium so that it blooms almost all year round. These tips will be useful to many housewives to achieve lush and frequent flowering of this beautiful plant!

As you can see, cutting pelargonium isn't a particularly hard job. By the way, the plants themselves grow beautifully after pruning, so do not be afraid to cut: the bushes will be fluffy and harmonious, respectively, and flowering will be lush.

The main thing after that is to provide cropped Very good quality lighting. And, of course, put the cropped material on the root - provided that the mother plant was healthy.

Tags

See also

New and interesting