Provence chicken recipe

"Site" is in a hurry to present an unusually light, but very tasty roast-chicken. Believe me, it's something!

The chicken "40 cloves of garlic" (Poulet au 40 gousses d'ail) is a classic dish of Provencal cuisine, which over time has acquired many variations. One thing remains unchanged: 40 cloves of garlicWho fill the bird itself, the kitchen and the surrounding area is impossible appetizing fragrance!

Baked chicken with garlic Ingredients
  • 1 chicken weighing approximately 1.5 kg
  • 40 cloves of garlic (3-4 heads of garlic)
  • 1 tbsp white dry wine
  • 1 tbsp dry Provence herbs
  • 50g butter
  • salt, black ground pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. Warm the oven to 180 degrees. The cooked chicken is soaked in salt and pepper inside and out.
  2. In a form for baking with a thick bottom or duckweed, warm up the butter and lightly roast it purified garlic.
  3. Place the bird in the form directly on the prepared garlic, sprinkle with Provencal herbs, pour wine. Don't forget to tie your chicken legs first!

4. Send the chicken to bake for 1 hour, do not forget to cover with a lid or foil. Then remove the lid, pour the carcass with juice and cook for another 30 minutes before the ruddy crust appears.

By the way, do not throw away garlic after baking! It softens and, combined with the juice of chicken, wine and the aroma of herbs, turns into an exquisite spread, which is good to serve to the toast or meat. Next time, I’ll add all 60 of them!

Invite your friends for a French-style treat, I'm sure they'll ask for a recipe!

Tags

See also

New and interesting