What can you do with old sheets?

“Old age comes suddenly like snow. In the morning, you get up and see that everything is white! began my long-time friend Valentina, who retired for the 3rd year. And then Valya smiled and said that it was during this period that she found an activity that brings her true pleasure, and pointed to the window and on the floor.

The window hung curtains, which immediately captivated my eyes, and under our feet we had amazing beauty. fabric-mat. "Where did you buy these wonderful things?" I asked my friend. To my question, I received an unexpected answer: “I do it myself, from old sheets!”

It turns out that it is not difficult to give a second life to old sheets, turning them into stylish and functional items. They do not require special skills and tools, since the technologies used were known to our ancestors.

Today's edition. "Site" I'll tell you how you can. remake And blankets in nice things for the house. They'll decorate any apartment!

1. The easiest thing to make of old sheets is unusual curtains for decorating the kitchen or bathroom. If there are two windows in the room, you will need the same sheets used in a double set of underwear. On the sheets unpack the upper end parts and smooth them with an iron. Then the sheet is cut along into two halves. Having measured the thickness of the round crossbar of the window curtain, the fabric of the sheet is folded, achieving its free fit, and then sewn. Curtains are ironed and put on the eaves.

2. No matter how strange it may sound, but from a vintage batiste or linen sheet with a floral pattern you can sew a great outfit! Natural fabric will provide comfort in hot weather. And the pattern, designed for frequent washing, will retain its bright colors for a long time!

3. These colorful knitted mats are made from plain-sheets. 7740.

4. Cut the sheet into mugs, fold each circle in half and glue to the round frame with a hot gun. Just an hour of free time and a wonderful wreath on the door is ready!

5. Stylish and bright look pillowcases for sofa pillows sewn from flaps of old sheets. By the same technology, you can sew napkins on the table of the living room or pads on stools for the kitchen. You just need to add a little syntepon between the flaps, which will give the pads softness.

6. Another fun idea!

7. Once again, the fashion for quilted patchwork blankets, which can be sewn from patches of colorful sheets, has returned. To give volume between the blanket and fabric is laid cotton.

8. This decision will definitely appeal to your children. I would love to sit in a tent like that!

I also want you to know what you can do with old postcards and paper clips.

I bet you didn't even think of those ways. bed-linen!

Do you have any old sheets to use? I really hope that I managed to inspire you to creative changes. If you already have experience of this kind of work, share your crafts with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting