What to make of old pillowcases

I recently visited a school friend of mine. She is now on maternity leave and has two mischievous twins growing up. I can’t say that she has a lot of free time, but what Olga did just amazed me. What a find!

Probably every housewife has survived. pillowcasesThose who have already left, but to throw them away is a pity. They are often used as rags, but there are more refined ways to reuse such fabric.

The Second Life of Old Things

Now it's in fashion. reuse of old thingsTo reduce the amount of garbage and significantly reduce the cost of purchasing new items.

Editorial "Site" We invite you to familiarize yourself with 5 wonderful ideas that can be implemented thanks to old sheets and pillowcases. Who would have thought...

1. Patchwork-style quilt
    In order to make a quilted blanket, you need to sew colorful pieces of fabric and lay between them pieces of cotton. If you choose bright patches, then in general you can get a very stylish blanket that will decorate any room.

It is believed that the style of patchwork is rather monotonous. But, playing with color, patterns and textures, you can create a variety of elements of decor and interior: soft and gentle, autumn warm or, conversely, bright and funny.

2. Decor for small pillows
    Any pillow, especially the sofa, can be easily decorated using pieces of fabric from old sheets. Franchise, various patterns, flower petals are all great ideas for decorating a gray or black sofa cushion.

The design of your new pillow is up to you. Just trust your imagination and start creating!

3. Children's tent
    Here's the one I saw at a friend's house. It's amazing, isn't it?

What could be better for children than owning a tent, and also made by beloved parents! However, to build such a design, mom and dad will have to work hard. For a children's tent, bright sheets are ideal, although monochromatic whites also fit perfectly into the interior.

4. A wreath on the door
    You can make this out of an old sheet. door-piece.

An unusual wreath of old sheets and pillowcases will not leave anyone indifferent. This will give the house a special charm. In order to make a wreath, you need to cut the old sheet into small circles. Then each must be folded in half and glued to the frame with a glue gun.

5. A wicker mat on the floor
    As you can see, a bright mat in the bathroom or in the corridor from sheets is not so difficult to do. To do this, you will need several multi-colored canvases, a mat frame, a sewing machine and a little patience.

To create such a colorful mat, you need to cut the sheet into small strips, twist a lot of pigtails from them and attach to the base. The work is a little laborious, but the result is great!

Tags

See also

New and interesting