How to help your beloved grandchild

As a rule, older people do not like their grandchildren. It is understandable, because in the later years again there is an opportunity to tinker with babies who are so similar to your children and yourself. It’s nice to go back decades and feel the same concerns.

Grandchildren also like to visit grandparents to listen to interesting stories, eat deliciously, receive gifts. But when children grow up and become independent, they often forget about those who love them so desperately.

Twice a year I send my eldest grandson-student assistance in the amount of 100 euros. I send the same amount to his two little sisters. Girls always call to thank, tell how happy the gift is, brag about what they bought or are going to buy. From the grandson no call, no letter, complains 74-year-old Irina.

“Am I waiting in vain? Or is this money worth nothing today? I'd be so happy to be thanked. Is it so difficult to just take and call your own grandmother, — bewildered elderly woman.

Of course, it is difficult to cope with disappointment when, even in difficult conditions, you save money for it. giftAnd he doesn't even bother to say thank you.

Yet the ingratitude of grandchildren is observed not only here, but all over the world. The reason is simple: if over the years the interests of most grandparents are increasingly focused on the family, then growing grandchildren, acquiring new interests and acquaintances, are increasingly removed from the family.

And no matter how sad it may be, in the busy life of young people there are so many interesting and important (or seemingly so) that much is pushed to the background, even relationships with loved ones.

Perhaps the worries occupy the guy's head and he forgets to thank his generous grandmother every time. Therefore, Irina should not be offended, but be glad that she is able to buy a gift. Although the situation is worth looking at from her side.

When you give money, you want to do something good. And although he seems to do it on his own, he still needs gratitude. Especially if he helps a loved one, whom he rarely sees, from whom he does not receive daily confirmation of his own need. Gratitude here serves as confirmation that the gift is valuable for the grandson, which means that the donor himself remains valuable.

It is not clear whether the grandson is lazy, forgetting or so busy. It's better for Grandma to ask this directly, to call. It is easy to ask how the grandson is doing, whether he received money, whether he bought something good.

Perhaps you should take the first step to remind about the relationship, to return to this relationship warmth. If the grandson does not want to talk, then you should think carefully about whether it is worth helping him, investing in relations in such a unilateral manner.

100 euros for a student and today a significant amount. At such a young age, when you are learning how to make money, you need support. So the grandson probably feels this help and he has something to thank his grandmother for.

At the same time, it is enough to recall the student years, when there were so many ideas, interests and plans in my head. The world is new and you are in a hurry to know it. And the idea of calling your parents, aunts, or grandparents is often lost in an abundance of interesting concerns. It is an eternal problem that should be understood and not offended. Better call first.

Tags

See also

New and interesting