Features of Chinese apartments and how they differ from ours

China immediately struck me as an unusual country, just getting off the plane at Beijing International Airport. The scale immediately jumped into my eyes, I heard unusual smells. How could I know I would be surprised at every turn? Food, drink, air, high-speed trains, openness, and in some places the cunning of the Chinese – all this flooded me with a rapid mass of unique experiences.

Chinese traditions They have a lot of interesting information, including housing. I admit: there are both magnificent choirs and completely uninhabitable shacks. But it probably happens in every country in the world. In this article, the editorial board "Site" Consider a few standard apartments that most Chinese people live in.

Apartments in China
  1. Spartans
    I mean, the Chinese aren't Spartans, they live like Spartans. Often in the apartment you can see only the most necessary: bed, wardrobe, TV. On completely white walls can be absolutely empty, literally one or two pictures that are not often found. On the ceiling is an ordinary fluorescent lamp, which finally creates the impression of an infirmary.

2. Sybarites
    Of course, there are Chinese who can afford an expensive environment. However, in most cases, they can thus show others their wealth, while psychologically themselves do not need special comfort. They can find "stuffed" modern European apartments. There can be a lot of red inside, which symbolizes happiness and wealth in China.

3. Hieroglyphics
    They can be found at every third door, especially when a Chinese family has just moved in. The so-called double hieroglyphs of happiness, prosperity and health are pasted either directly on the door or at the edges of the door. The ensemble is complemented by red lights. If you do not know what it is, you might think that there are sectarians living here. But in fact, the Chinese live there with a strong commitment to tradition.

4. Community
    Or blocks, or parts, or blocks, whatever you like. The bottom line is that several houses, and this can be a huge forty-storey sheds, are united on a common area, the space is fenced. To get inside, you need to say hello to the guard or have a special card. The community often has shops, restaurants, a small park and even fountains.

5. Square meters
    Apartments are different, but there is a common logic. The front door leads directly to the living room, other rooms can only be accessed through it. There are absolutely tiny minks, where you immediately get into a room with a large bed, and somewhere near the window there is a microscopic kitchenette. And there are two-level choirs with three bedrooms and a huge living room, decorated with marble and other expensive materials.

6. Kitchen.
    Even in large apartments, the kitchen will be small. This is usually a cramped oblong room where a maximum of two are placed. The Chinese never eat in the kitchen, always in the living room. Visits are also not often called, it is easier to go to a restaurant than to cook a burst of dishes. I rented a small studio apartment, and from the kitchen I had only a stove for two burners. Therefore, I excluded cooking in principle and ate exclusively outside the apartment. Or ordering food at home.

7. Beds.
    Chinese people always try to build a bedroom. Due to the fact that they have to work a lot, they treat sleep very respectfully, rest on huge beds. In addition to the bed in the bedroom can be a desk. In a large family, this is the only place where you can count on personal space. The tightness is incredible. Often the foot has a stand. I never understood what it was for.

8. sunuzel
    Bathroom in China can be found only in luxury apartments. Usually, the Chinese do not even have showers, the tap is simply attached to the wall, and the water drains into a hole in the floor. There's a toilet. Once I lived in a house where there was no toilet, and instead was mounted sink, like in public toilets. When I first went there, I was confused. To create some comfort, I had to install a curtain.

9. Hot water.
    In China, there is no hot water that is supplied centrally, so it is quite common to see solar-powered water heaters on rooftops. Or electric boilers in showers. You can also see powerful lamps on the ceiling. What do you think they're for? First, the Chinese save money, so the water is not very warm. After the shower is under this lamp, which acts as a heater. Because the house is pretty cold.

10. Heating
    Central heating in China is only in the north. This is not the case in the central provinces or the south. Therefore, in the living room you can always notice a huge air conditioner that can heat (or cool) the room in a matter of minutes. However, it is not cheap, so often the Chinese home is cold. Quite literally. Very thick blankets and electric sheets. For some time, I was “saved” by myself with this sheet.

When I was in China, I really wanted to go home, and now I think I would go there with great pleasure. In the meantime, I'm trying to find chineseTo eat spice dumplings and remember the taste of Peking duck. Share this article with others, and if you happen to visit China, write in the comments about your impressions.

Tags

See also

New and interesting