Is it possible to grow an apple tree from seed?

As a child, my grandfather and I planted a tree. From a small seed grew a huge apple tree. As a child, I wondered how a whole tree could grow out of a seed and bear fruit. Nature is incredible. And all it takes for this miracle is time, fertile soil and care.

I came to the country house last summer. The old apple tree grew near the fence and adorned with ripe fruits. And then it dawned on me: why not plant another tree? There were a lot of mature apples under the apple tree, so I took a couple with me to get the seeds.

According to experienced gardeners, if you follow all the rules, it will be possible to grow a tree that will bear fruit. However, the harvest will have to wait about 5-12 years. And not the fact that it will be possible to grow an apple tree of the same variety as the parent: a game or a completely new variety can grow. Therefore, an annual apple tree is recommended to be grafted to an adult tree of a good variety. But before that, it is necessary to grow a seedling at home.

Seed apple tree
  1. Collect seeds.
    It all starts with seeds. You should choose a variety suitable for the place of residence, as the tree should adapt well to the climate. It is a good practice to use frost-resistant varieties. Seeds should be dense and holistic, have a brown color. We recommend choosing from the best fruits. Full bones are formed in apples growing in the crown of the tree, as in this place the best conditions for fertilization of flowers. 715889

2. Seed preparation
    The bones should be removed from the fruits and washed in warm running water. This should be done necessarily to wash off the inhibitor that prevents growth. Put the seeds in a container with warm water and stir with a wooden stick for three minutes. Then they need to be soaked and left in a cool place for 3 days. It is recommended to change the water daily and wash the bones so that they do not become moldy. On the third day, we add a growth stimulator and observe the seeds - if they are swelled, then they are ready for planting.

3. Put it in the ground.
    In a pot or box pour the soil taken from the place where you plan to plant seedlings. We add fertilizers to the soil: superphosphates, ash and potassium sulfate. We select the best and strongest sprouts for landing. The cursed seeds are placed in the soil to a depth of 15 mm and watered, only so as not to destroy the seeds. Plants are placed on a balcony or window sill - it is required that they are well lit. Also, the sprouts should be constantly moistened.

4. Apple transplantation
    When the sprouts become stronger, they need to be transplanted into pots. Seed apple tree needs transplants - at least three times in 4 years. The first time transplanted into a pot or box - it is necessary to form a central root. For about a year, the apple tree grows in a pot, and then move it to a larger pot.

In the second transplant, you need to trim the central root or bend at right angles. The third time is a permanent landing. Transplantations are made so that the apple tree begins to bear fruit earlier, otherwise the apples will begin to pour only after 15 years. After each transplant, the seedling is thoroughly watered.

When 4 real leaves appear on the shoots, you can determine which seedlings will grow wild. Unlike a varietal tree, game has small and bright leaves, and the spikes on the trunk are thin and straight. Cultivated apple trees grow without thorns, with larger foliage.

It is recommended to transfer to a permanent place in the period from mid-April to the end of May. Try to choose a sunny and warm place that will be spacious enough. Before planting in the soil, you need to add humus, ash and mineral fertilizers. We want your tree to grow strong and strong, and bear ripe and tasty fruits. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting