Why Elina Bystritskaya often said that being beautiful is not an easy burden

In April 2019, a woman of incredible beauty and amazing talent left us – People’s Artist of the USSR Elina Bystritskaya. And not so long ago at the Novodevichy cemetery, a monument to the Bystritsky work of the sculptors of the Sogoyan brothers was opened.

View this post on Instagram

Posted by Favorite Movie (@aktrisa_akter)

It so happened that Elina Avrahamovna commissioned the marble sculpture herself. Initially, she was supposed to stand at the entrance to the Women’s Center, which the actress was going to open on Tsvetnoy Boulevard. But these plans were not destined to come true. And now the sculptural composition adorns the grave of Bystritskaya.

Publication from Secular Chronicle "KP" (@kp_star_onlinekp)

Today we want to once again pay tribute to the memory and respect of the actress beloved by millions of viewers. For that, the editorial board "Site" She collected a selection of apt statements of the “main Cossack of Soviet cinema” about love, life and beauty.

The monument of Bystritskaya Life Bystritskaya was never easy and simple. She always had a lot of fans. But there was also bitter loneliness.

“There was a time in my life when I once sat for ten hours in the rain in a boat deciding how to live my life. But is that loneliness? It is a respite before the next leap in life, a state where you are left alone with yourself and God. An actress who has not experienced love and bitter loneliness will never be sincere on stage.

However, the actress herself judged her appearance rather restrained.

“I was never told about my appearance as a child. I first heard about it when I was 13 years old in the hospital. Two of the wounded say, “Look what a pretty girl she is!” Looking around - no one... I looked in the mirror for a long time and found nothing interesting. My mother raised me very strictly.

I thought beauty was not an easy burden.

In my lifetime I have met many unhappy beauties and many perfectly happy “fools”. And having played many roles of beautiful and unusually original women, she did not find a universal “formula” of beauty. Although I realized that being beautiful is not an easy burden.”

After all, for the actress it is not only and not so much innate external data, but also tireless work on yourself.

“Some roles required me to be dazzlingly beautiful. The viewer will never take his word for it when he hears that the heroine is very beautiful. He must see and feel its beauty. And here try to become in the eyes of many people a beautiful, mysterious, attractive woman.

When I was young, I liked Jean Marais outwardly. A romantic hero. But I understood that falling in love with an artist is like reading Dumas novels.

Publication from History of Russia in photos (@russia_in_photo)

Before the beauty of Bystritskaya, few could resist, but legends went about her unyielding character. “I’m closer to the wisdom of Omar Khayyam: “It’s better to be alone than with anyone,” admitted the actress in an interview.

For too brash suitors, she had one answer - a slap in the face. And once she decisively rejected the courtship of a high-ranking official, which for a long time deprived herself of the opportunity to travel abroad.

Publication from love_and__talant_2019 (@love_and_talant_2019)

“Do not confuse love with love. When I say love, I mean love, not passion. True love is something that fills a person without a trace and does not give him the opportunity to live as he lived before. I am not talking about sexual needs, but about the strong feeling that drives a person, determines his life.”

Unfortunately, after a long 27 years of living together in the early 90s Bystritskaya separated from her husband.

“My husband was an interesting man. With him I was interested to communicate, talk, go to theaters and galleries, then discuss what I saw, argue. I owe a lot of my education to him. How much he remembered, how much he knew! He loved history... But he loved women the most. Too much.

At the same time, Elina Avrahamovna has repeatedly said that she does not regret anything.

“I am convinced that you should not say bad words about love, even if it is long gone. It won't change the past. And your own future may be complicated. I do not understand those who do not know how to part with dignity, send bad words after those whom they loved.

Except that I didn’t experience the happiness of motherhood.

“I was happy. Maybe it was in those years that I realized how much personal life means to an actress. In my heart, I was hoping for a miracle: suddenly, despite all medical diagnoses, I will have a child. But if miracles do happen, it is not with me.”

In the film “Unfinished Tale”, Sergei Bondarchuk asks Dr. Muromtseva (Bystritskaya’s character): “Are you happy, doctor?” Elina Avrahamovna never answered this question. I tried to find an answer later.

“It seems to me that happiness is not a permanent state, but rather a temporary, very brief state of well-being. It comes when you can do something that was previously impossible. Then comes the moment of realization: there are other tasks ahead.

And the achievement of another goal begins. When it is reached, the state you have already known comes again. This has happened to me many times. Am I so happy? Rather than not... But I know very well that happiness is a moment. And how important it is when you are on top of success, to be able to say to yourself: this is not all you need and what you can do.

Tags

See also

New and interesting