9 books in the spirit of "help yourself", which is not sick

Note: before you run out and order a paper book, relying on my taste, I would recommend to find it in electronic version and available at least diagonally. The book is an intimate thing, there's other tips do not work well.

Sincerely hope they will be useful to you.

1. Dominic loro, "the Art of living simply"

How to get rid of excess and to enrich your life

The word "just" is my favorite. Perhaps the best book review Dominic loro is the epigraph to her the authorship Kobayashi Issa: "This spring, my cabin is completely empty, completely full.

I have after reading left mixed feelings: on the one hand, much better than a well-known bestseller "Essentialism. The path to simplicity" Greg Maccione, with another – at times its categorically the book resembled instructions to young wives, along with tips for luxury style. Although something really useful for the rational organization of space and storage you definitely will find is the fact. Easy to read, a nice one can take away the quotes in batches.

Personal paper library, not buy, but the reader was left.

Quotes:

Soaring decorative style, or the style of the white space," is a style where things exist thanks to the emptiness surrounding them. Any object becomes the subject of art, and every minute is precious".

"I don't want to have things or be responsible for them. I just want they were when I need them".

"Money should first be used as a lubricant for the gears of life."

2. Brené brown, "All because of me, but it's not"the Truth about perfectionism, imperfection and the power of vulnerability

I want to recommend to everyone who "matters". Who used to be introspective, but only with a minus sign, looking for new weaknesses. Who is often ashamed for himself – say, all people as people, and I...but. Anyone who does not understand the difference between "I did bad" and "I'm bad" and instead requests for assistance is building another wall to sit behind her on antidepressants and suffer. Anyone who was sick feel to blame and wants to finally feel something else: ease, confidence in themselves and in their "normality".

The book will be especially useful for anyone who grew up with unwavering eye on the "what will people say", and had almost forgotten what it means to be themselves, without fear of their own imperfection. Moreover, it is written with a good sense of humor (a nod to the author and translator!), who helps to believe in a favorable outcome and facilitates the absorption of fairly complex material.

Quotes:

"Courage gives us a voice. Compassion gives us an ear. Without these two components impossible empathy and communication".

"If we make a mistake, say to yourself: "I'm stupid, I can't do anything properly", we are more likely to think the same thing about our child or husband when they go wrong (even if not say aloud)".

"When we start to compete, whose situation is worse, whose burden is heavier, whose pain is more painful – we lose sight of the fact that most of our sufferings have the same root: the impotence and disunity. When we say "it is nothing, we feel nothing. Most of us will raise your shame in silence because they do not dare to share something that may be "not as bad" as someone else, or "not horrible" to ensure empathy".

3. Robert Holden, "Starting a new life!"How to be happy right now

I even begin this book did not want for this name: thought it would be another crap of a standard set of motivational clichés that don't know how to apply. So I was pleasantly surprised how interesting and valuable it was – inspiring, optimistic, filled with faith in a better and what is the best destined not to some lucky and you.

I sincerely recommend reading! Besides the translation is also excellent – well done!

Quotes:

"The first secret of mental healing: you need to start with what is. Feelings cannot interfere with your life – they are your life!"

"Consider that all your gifts come from you, but simply pass through you from the Universe to the recipient. Give unselfishly, unconditionally, and then will not be afraid to lose."

"Wrestling is always a choice. And yet it is a sign that you could make better choices. Through the struggle our own "I" defines itself; through the drama it creates its own story; through suffering forms his philosophy of life; through the pain, trying to assert their value; through endless battles marks their territory; through the constant exaggeration of the difficulties of his own "I" provides a temporary existence. Of course, when not have to fight, the ego dissolves as if in space."

4. Danielle Laporte, "Live with a sense of"How to set goals, which is the soul

An absolute must-read, as the idea develops, very rarely come across before in literature, self-improvement and finding balance in life: the goals we set ourselves must coincide with the feelings we want to experience. Because of the points outlined in the new year's eve plan are feelings – it is to him we seek, and not to any particular numbers, people or things. To understand what is behind your dreams – a memorable and dangerous journey inward. Because suddenly you may find that all external objectives linked by a single red thread, some one, is vitally important to you feeling: not the money you want, and freedom; not own a house or apartment, and quiet; not bright impressions from travels around the world, and the lack of superfluous in a way – no graphics, no stuff, no relationship.

In General, this is good crazy and eccentric book (the author has a great sense of self-irony) is in my waiting list for purchase of the paper version, and that's saying a lot. And Yes – it was the whole problem to choose just three quotes, because in the process of reading I put a few dozen bookmarks!

Quotes:

"Our every act is dictated by the desire to experience certain feelings. What to buy, what to eat, what to say who to talk to, what to create, whom to love, what to wear, what to listen, what to bring home, what to finish and what to start, what to dream – our choice is determined by the desire to feel good".

"Our society is obsessed with productivity and efficiency, considers the feelings of pathology.

"The coldest winter I learned that within me an invincible summer (A. Camus)".

5. Marty lanie, "the benefits of introverts"

The best thing I've read about introverts. No water and this drives you to distraction American style of storytelling, when half of the book describes what the book is and the next half – what it will help, but in fact useful information – zero. Lanie – all clearly, correctly and to the point, like a real introvert. Reading her work, you begin to better understand themselves and their ways of communicating with the world, and most importantly – all the time catch myself thinking: yeah, that's me! And suddenly become visible the way as possible to help themselves to communicate better and more productive, not to be annoyed at the characteristics of extroverts and appreciate their most selling at first glance, the properties of nature.

Quotes:

"Introverts don't speak just for the sake of something to say. When they speak, they Express their thoughts."

"Extroverts like to experience more, introverts like to know more about what they have."

"Say no a few times and see what happens. Normal people don't leave you. And if you leave, say "no" more often".

6. Sandy Newbigging, "Obduracy"How to get rid of unnecessary thoughts and focus on the main

If you are again caught myself on the fact that the hurdy-gurdy thoughts in your head is, Yes, but this music is not happy, and inconvenienced, this Zen book is for you. Small but very practical, it contains a lot of exercises to calm your anxious mind, tend to live in the past, in the future, but never in the present, while it's goes well.

One of the main promises of the book is to teach at any time, voluntarily enter a state of flow, reaching the highest efficiency, and get rid of the tyranny of the list "things-that-needs-to-do-before-it-can-be-rest", because "you risk missing life, lost in our own thoughts."

Quotes:

"As soon as you begin to explore the relationship with your emotions, you will be able to free themselves from the emotional merry-go-round. Whatever emotions may arise, give them the freedom to come and go, and you won't experience stress or discomfort when they flow through you."

"If emotions don't change, chances are you're not watching them and identified with them."

"The body follows the mind: if the mind is calm, then your body is resting. To give the body a rest so to give him the opportunity of natural healing, balance the body functions as designed, and grow old slowly, preserving the life force".

7. Svetlana Bronnikova "Intuitive nutrition"How to stop worrying about food and lose weight

Probably one of the most interesting and fascinating books on the psychology of power. Instead of quotes from you will make a dive into the problem words of the author:

"Modern standards of beauty is merciless: "beautiful" means "thin". Trying to meet these standards, millions of men and women chronically torturing themselves with diets and slaving away in gyms. You can not stop – you will gain weight. The price of this lifestyle – food "breakdowns" and "effect yo-yo". Food is one of the pleasures of life is a source of constant and great strain.

Much roughly, we can say: the root of eating disorders in violation of the relationship with oneself, the inability to love and accept yourself most. For many of us, food becomes a therapist, a counselor, a universal solution to problems. The food becomes a punishment and salvation.

To overcome this problem, there is no need for violence, and perpetual control over them: you just need to learn to trust yourself. Hatred for his "fat" body and "weak" will, coupled with dietary grip – dead-end path".

Tools way out of this impasse and offers Svetlana Bronnikova, detail and talking about the intuitive (non-dietary) approaches to nutrition, based on the removal of inhibitions and fears in connection with food, a complete waiver of any diets prescribed by physicians in connection with certain diseases, to give the body the ability to take initiative in selecting food.

8. James Hollis, "Soul pools"Return to life after the severe shocks

The work of James Hollis, Ph. D. and Jungian analyst, devoted to the dark times of the soul – the pools, which we from time to time immersed, forgetting to breathe and denying everything, starting with their own right to feel that sadness, longing, sadness and imperfection.

The book is small, but comprehensive, written in an excellent literary language full of imaginative quotes and vivid comparisons. In truth, I have never put so many bookmarks to return to later – if I read it in the paper version with a pencil in hand, still do not know why it ended up as more – indentation or my notes.

In General, if you have a moment, darkness, melancholy and slow dive to the bottom of himself, "Soul pools" will be a good therapy game in Greek tragedy and certainly will help raise the fallen nose a bit higher.

Quotes:

"I think the greatest challenge in relations between two people is that each of them should guard the solitude of the other."

"Our psyche uses depression to get our attention and show us that somewhere deep inside us lies the lie. Realizing the therapeutic value of depression and after going through it, like the thread of Ariadne through the labyrinth of the psyche, in a sense, it is possible to make friends with her. In General, if we was not hurt, the mind would already be dead. Pain and suffering – a clear sign that something remains alive, awaiting our summons to return to life."

9. Elchin Safarli "Recipes of happiness", the Journal of Oriental chef

The book, which any side is not related to the topic of self-improvement, but it "about what makes us happy", and this is its great strength and resource. Reading it, you get immersed into the cozy world of fragrances and colors, smells and textures, and with the taste of new dishes to re-discover the taste of life. Very harmonious and enjoyable book about food, life, cooking, the intricacies and Eastern spices, written in the best tradition of a love of prose Elchin Safarli.

Quotes:

"To cry until the tears will not lose meaning."

"Happiness does not come. Comes the ability to see him."

"Every loss, disappointment, separation can lead to happiness. I'm sure of it. It all depends on how we perceive the difficulty – as the final fall or as an impetus to take off. The most important thing is not to dwell on the difficulties and continue the path. Let small and weak steps – it's okay to grow strong in the way."

Author: Olga Primachenko

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: gnezdo.by/blog/and-now-go-and-do/

Tags

See also

New and interesting