Sauerkraut crispy and juicy in a jar

Sauerk. cabbage And juicy in a jar is my strategic supply of vitamins in the cold season. I have a recipe that is over 30 years old and has never let me down. Cabbage comes out juicy, like in the market at Grandma's. By the way, according to the same principle, kvass kale and Yevgeny Klopotenko (seen on the website). I love his recipes!

Today's edition. "Site" It will be a great way to share how sour for the winter. Delicious as a bazaar!

Sauerkraut crispy and juicy in a jar of Ingredients for a 3-liter jar
  • 1.5 liters of water
  • 2–2.5 kg of cabbage
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 3 bay leaves

Preparation
  1. First advice: cabbage is better to choose winter-grade. Such dogs have a large concentration of sugar, and their leaves are tight and dense. Wash the cabbage, remove the hard top sheets, remove the core.

2. Wash the carrots, peel them and rub them on the grater. Cut the cabbage in half or quarters and thinly stick a knife one part, and the second is better to rub on the grater. Use a special grater for cabbage, then you will not need to control its size.

3. Mix cabbage and carrots, add bay leaves. Put the vegetables in a clean glass jar, tamp them well so there are no voids.

4. In a separate container, mix 1.5 liters of boiling water with salt. The salt must dissolve in water. My grandmother also advises adding a tablespoon (with top) of honey to this mixture. Let the brine cool, and then pour the cabbage. Put a can of cabbage in a deep bowl. This should be done in case the brine starts to leak out. Put a can of cabbage is better near the stove or any other warm place. Cover the jar with a lid with holes or gauze so that the cabbage “breathes”.

5. The next day, cabbage should be pierced with a wooden thin stick or skewer. Thanks to this action, we expel the air from the jar, which is created during fermentation. The foam that forms on the surface of the brine also needs to be removed until the fermentation process is over.

6. You can try cabbage in 24 hours, and it will be completely ready in 3 days. You can store it in the refrigerator under the cover. Bon appetit!

I also suggest you find out what days to devote to cabbage sourdough. The tricks of the lunar calendar!

Sauerkraut crispy and juicy in the jar will become your wand-relief when you need to supplement the table delicious any side dish or meat. This cabbage is stored on the balcony until summer, although it does not last long in my house. It's really good. The recipe is excellent, I recommend it from the heart!

Tags

See also

New and interesting