My mom makes amazing sauerkraut in Transcarpathian, share her recipe

My dear mother always stores sauerkraut for the winter. She's from Transcarpathia. And her recipe is Transcarpathian - reliable and good. Homemade sauerkraut in a jar is an amazing and indispensable product for us. So, having learned from my mother, I also make supplies. Just a double serving to last a long time. Sharing the recipe with you.

And today's edition. "Site" will tell you how to leavened crunchy cabbage in Transcarpathian.

Homemade sauerkraut in a bank Ingredients
  • 8kg cabbage
  • 6 tbsp salt
  • 300g beets
  • 300g carrots
  • pepper-pea
  • bay-leaf

Preparation
  1. I make two kinds of cabbage. One is regular with carrots and the other is red with beets. That's how diversity comes out. So, to begin with, you need to take our cabbage and mash it with a knife or on a special grater.

Peels

2. Sodium carrots and beets on a large grater. You can grater carrots in Korean.

3. First, make regular cabbage with carrots. To do this, take half the cabbage, mix with grated carrots. Add half the salt, black pepper and bay leaf. Stir it all together. You need to stir until the cabbage releases the juice. Then the cabbage must be folded in a jar, tightly stacked. On top of the cabbage should cover the juice. If not enough, add some water.

YouTube

4. Now let's do the same with the other half of our cabbage. Mix it with beets. Add salt and spices. Stir the beets and cabbage to let the juice in. The cabbage will turn red in the process. You also need to put it tightly in a jar.

5. After that, the banks need to cover the lids, but not tightly to breathe. Every morning you need a long knife to pierce the workpiece along the entire length. To understand what we are talking about, we recommend watching the video below. Thanks to this, cabbage will be much better leftover. It'll be ready in three days. Now it can be stewed, fried or simply eaten with vegetable oil as a salad. You can also make an incredible soup from it!

And here is a video of a beautiful Transcarpathian hostess, which shows what homemade sauerkraut is in a jar.

about:blank

Even with a reliable recipe, not everyone gets a good preparation. Every hostess knows that cabbage should be fermented only on certain days. We already told you when to leavened cabbage in October and November, so that it is stored for a long time. Have a good time!

Tags

See also

New and interesting