If I refuse to eat in my mother-in-law’s house, I may get into a scream and hysteria.

“One must eat in order to live, not to live in order to eat,” is a well-known interpretation of the words of the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates. It would seem that a simple truth that not all people are ready to follow. What this is, Olga knows firsthand. Her husband's family turns any family holiday into a fun feast. "Gnawing is simple," the heroine says.

Olga is concerned about her husband’s excess weight. But even more infuriating is that food has become the main reason for their differences. Will a woman be able to solve this problem, read further in the article.

I married a man in the body. As they say, they saw the eyes they took. But I fell in love with Paska not because of his appearance. And I thought that together we could solve the problem of excess weight. This is not a big deal if you make at least some effort.

I thought so until I met my husband’s family. The event is important, so Pasha's mother decided to have a fun feast. But in fact it turned out that my future mother-in-law called all relatives and had a feast for the whole world. The picture of oil: the table is bursting with a variety of dishes, from which the fat directly drains, and a whole family of plump koloboks. Then it became clear to me who Pasha was so gluttonous.

I try not to eat fatty and fried. And Tamara Grigorievna tried to put something else in my plate: “Look at yourself, but you’re probably blowing away on the street!” I politely declined the supplement and waited for this evening to finally end. And Pasha, meanwhile, along with his relatives, destroyed the dish after the dish. How does that fit in there?

I had a serious conversation with Pasha that night. And when we started living together after the wedding, I really managed to change my husband's diet. Moreover, he even began to do exercises with me and slowly dumped extra. Of course, we used to visit his parents. And then the husband ate, as if for all the missed opportunities. But overall, the situation has stabilized.

The main motivation for my husband was my future pregnancy. I wanted to have a healthy baby, so we had to worry about our health. But it so happened that I got pregnant very soon. And Pasha almost immediately scored on food. He began to go to his mother very often, where she, frankly, just fattened him.

And when I gave birth, we took out a loan and moved out. God damned me to agree to live near my mother-in-law. My husband started sneaking in because I kept feeding him low-calorie meals at home. It was stupid to lie to me. I can see that my husband’s weight does not change, although I should have shifted a long time ago.

We started fighting all the time. Pasha had absolutely no part in the life of our little daughter. I just worked and went to my mom. It feels like food has become his mania. At some point, my husband started giving up on my cooking. Like, at work or at a cafe. To direct questions about whether Pasha went to his mother, he did not answer. But I understand.

When I decided to talk about it with my mother-in-law, she made a scandal. She started accusing me of starving her son to the sea, constantly limiting him. “I’m worried about his health, which you, Tamara Grigorievna, just don’t care!”

There was a wild howl at that end of the line. My mother-in-law told me never to call her again. Now I'm seriously thinking about divorce. If neither my husband nor his family understand me, what is the point of such a marriage? I don't want that same woman to feed my daughter. I can't even imagine it! I don't know what to do.

Vital wisdom and advice of the editorial office Olga needs to understand her feelings. If there is no mutual understanding with your husband, you can try to solve this problem together with a psychologist. But this will not help to establish a relationship with the mother-in-law. And the heroine is right: it is hard to imagine what will happen when her daughter grows up. Who knows, divorce may be the best solution. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting