My aunt from Chernihiv necessarily adds fresh zucchini to borscht, decided to follow her example.

The recipe of red borsch in Chernigov excites consciousness already at the stage of cooking. When I found out what ingredients were in it, I was, to put it mildly, shocked. I'm sure you haven't cooked that kind of borscht yet. Intrigued? Then let's get started!

Red borsch recipe to cook borschtYou will need not only the usual ingredients for this dish. Also in the recipe there are apples, celery and squash. I'm sure you weren't ready for that combination of products. The result of this culinary experiment is worth it!

I just want to remind you: beans for borsch must be soaked for the night. Keep that in mind if you're going to cook red borscht in the morning so it's ready for lunch.

The ingredients
  • 5 liters of water
  • 500g pork
  • 800g cabbage
  • 400g beets
  • 400g potatoes
  • 50g beans
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 pieces of onions
  • 1 apple
  • 200g zucchini
  • 80g celery root
  • 50g tomato paste
  • 40g ghee butter
  • 40 ml of vegetable oil
  • 20ml vinegar
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt and sugar
  • fragrant, ground and black pepper peas to taste

Preparation
  1. Pour the pork with water, put the pan on the stove and bring it to a boil. Then remove the foam, reduce the fire. Add to the future broth 1 peeled carrots and onions, bay leaf, scented pepper and pepper peas. Cook broth for 1.5-2 hours. Meanwhile, boil the beans.

2. Clean and cut the straw beet. Place it in a saucer, adding 50 ml of water, vinegar, salt and sugar to taste. Carcase vegetables on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
  3. Also peel and grind the onions, carrots and sodium celery on a large grater. Roast your vegetables in ghee. Then add to them tomato paste, mix well and sweat on the fire for a couple more minutes.
  4. Take the meat out of the broth and cut it into small pieces. Strain the liquid and pour it back into the pan. Put her on the fire. Send the pork there. Grind the zucchini and roast it in vegetable oil.

5. Then add to the broth crushed zucchini, roasted vegetables, stewed beets, boiled beans. Peel the potatoes, cut them with a cube, and throw them in the pan, too. Spray the cabbage and the apple. Add the ingredients to the broth. Sweat and spit future borscht to taste.
  6. Cook red borscht on a small fire for about 30 minutes. Orientate on the readiness and softness of cabbage with potatoes. Serve borscht with fresh sour cream and greens. Done!

Recipe for red borsch: the advice of the editorial board Navarist Ukrainian borscht in Chernigov is best to savor along with fragrant pumps. Just recently, I shared a recipe for this pastry. I strongly advise you to bake garlic buns and please your loved ones with homemade treats.

If you like to experiment in the kitchen, I suggest making red borscht with prunes. About how to cook it, told my colleague Anastasia Chubar. You can find the recipe here.

I also liked the recipe of Veronica Zhmurko, who said, How to make dry borscht. There are tough times ahead and no one knows how we will survive the winter. So this option of blanks has a right to exist. You will find detailed instructions on the link.

Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting