A firefighter friend was at the scene in Vinnitsa throughout the day and night, the soul is torn from his stories.

My native Vinnytsia is mourning today. Yesterday, July 14, 2022, at about 11 a.m. in the city thundered 3 horrific explosions. I was sitting at my desk in my room and working. From the epicenter of the explosions, I was only 500 meters away.

In this article I want to tell you about the tragedy that occurred yesterday in one of the most comfortable and safe Ukrainian cities. But now it's not. Let my story once again remind you of whose fault the civilians of Ukraine are dying.

Almost all the photos you will see in this article were taken by Vinnytsia photographer Olga Miroshnichenko. Thank you for your courage and dedication!

When there were 3 powerful explosions near my house, I was sitting at my desk and writing an article about how Ukrainian children help raise money for charity.

It all happened very quickly. At first I heard a hum as if a plane was flying in the sky. The score went for a split second, and the sound instantly became louder. And then something happened that I was so afraid of. In the Russian media, this is cynically called cotton. I witnessed a crushing thunderous explosion.

Although many media write that there were only 2 hits, the explosions thundered in a volley, 3 times in a row. It felt like it happened right above me. At the same moment, I rushed a bullet into the corridor, where, frankly, I was supposed to be during the air alert.

But I'm used to feeling safe in my native Vinnitsa. Like many other civilians, I never imagined that a tragedy of this magnitude would occur in our city.

What happened in Vinnytsia, Russia fired about 10 missiles at us. Of these, several Kalibr-class cruise missiles reached their target. This is a special long-range weapon that bypasses landscapes and moves clearly in coordinates. It is extremely difficult for air defense forces to work on them. However, still managed to shoot down as many as 4 missiles that flew over the Vinnytsia region.

Each of these cruise missiles weighs almost 2 tons. I still don’t know how this could have happened. The unthinkable tragedy claimed the lives of 23 people, including three children. In the photo you see a 4-year-old sunny Lisa and her mother. Yesterday they were on their way to a developmental class when the explosion occurred. The girl died on the spot.

Instagram / @l.i.z.i.love 117 people sought medical attention. At least half of them are in serious condition. Another 18 people remain missing. The data is constantly updated as rescuers continue to disassemble debris.

Russian missiles hit the premises for mass events. It's called the Officers' House. I often went there to the concerts of my favorite Ukrainian artists. Dance classes and various children's circles were also held in this building. On the first floor there was a branch of Privatbank.

Another rocket hit near a nearby building, a local office space. The Vinnychans call it “Juvileinium” or simply the House of Life. I went there several times to print pictures or fix something. In the era of Soviet stagnation, Juvileinium became the first 9-storey building built of concrete and glass. And now this house is destroyed.

Local news channel Suspilne Vinnitsa reports that the explosions damaged more than 50 buildings. Even in my house, some of the neighbors had windows flying out. It was a shock wave of unimaginable force!

In addition, the Neuromed clinic completely burned down. It was located on the first floor of “Juvilein”. Also destroyed about 50 cars in the parking lot at the time of the explosion. There are people who just burned them alive.

Facebook / Olga Miroshnichenko All this is not just a summary of news. This is a real tragedy, the victim of which could be me, my family and friends. Much is not talked about in the media, the scale of the consequences is much more serious. My firefighter friend was there all day and night. And what he says breaks the soul.

House of Officers and House of Life. These are civilian infrastructure facilities.. They have absolutely nothing to do with the military. However, Russian propagandists do not think so. After the explosion, one of them posted a photo of my hometown and wrote that a military unit in Gaysin had been hit. And this is the district center, located almost 100 kilometers from Vinnytsia.

Facebook / Olga Miroshnichenko Another propagandist said that in the House of officers was a placement of the military. But it's a lie! Yesterday, a concert of Ukrainian singer ROXOLANA was supposed to take place in this building. After the incident, the singer reported that one of the members of her team died.

While Russians consume false content and believe everything their idols say, civilians are dying in Ukraine every day. I lived in a safe Vinnitsa and believed that it would remain so. Only now do I realize that security in war is an illusion.

Today in Ukraine there are no safe places. And if you read the new articles that come out under my authorship, remember only one thing. I am alive today because I was lucky enough not to be killed by a Russian missile.

Today, all of Vinnitsa is grieving. And I mourn with her.

Tags

See also

New and interesting