A soulful story about a chance meeting in the subway with a tired military, touching to tears

Wartime history They're writing right now. They are different from those during World War II because the war itself has become different. However, both then and now, the civilians of their cities and villages thank brave warriors for each day they lived. Those who are willing to sacrifice their lives for the good of their country and its citizens.

The full-scale war in Ukraine has been going on for 105 days. During this time, the Ukrainian people have united as never before, and the military is getting stronger every day. The story I'm going to share with you today is about that. And it touches to the core.

Wartime history is an important part of modern art, which is created in conditions of war. Earlier we wrote about the importance of folk art and how it manifests itself in Ukraine and abroad. And today I want to share with you a touching story of Anna Blaschuk, found by me on the Internet. The text has been translated from Ukrainian into Russian.

A few days ago I was on the subway. Someone was strangled at the Golden Gate. Passengers asked the man to finally let go of the doors. Then I thought whoever was pinned down had a weak reaction. He reacted very slowly to the words of others.

After a few stations there were fewer people, and I saw a man in uniform with a very tired face. I sat at the handrail, all seats were taken. The man came and leaned on the handrail next to me. He almost lay on top of it. There was no doubt: the man was coming from the damn war. This was evident from his tired face and from the way he wrinkled from foot to foot. He was in a lot of pain.

Peels I timidly touched his shoulder and asked, "Will you sit down?" He immediately replied in a calm voice, “No.” The next few stations I didn't know how to talk to him. I sat there and didn't see the patches on his sleeve. But when she got up to come to the exit, she noticed a chevron with the inscription "Cyborg".

I said, "Are you home?" The military waved his head affirmatively. “Was it hard?” immediately came out of my mouth. He said, "Yes." I didn't know how to continue the conversation. I wanted to hug this man, thank him endlessly and cry.

Everyone around us looked down at us and listened. I noticed the mud on the military cap and mechanically extended my hand to clean it: "Oh, your hat seems to be dirty." He kept his hands in his pockets. I took 200 hryvnias out of the bag and put the money in his pocket right in his hand.

Take it. Buy your wife flowers, I said quietly. Fatigue instantly disappeared from his face, and he blurted out as if in spirit: “No need! I have money. You can't do that! I must have looked confused. I was really embarrassed. But I found the words, "That's the only thing I can do for you!"

My hero was much more verbose than I was. He replied, “Without you we are nothing.” I began to recover and, choking with tears, childishly squeezed out the last words: “We are nobody without you!”

I could no longer contain my tantrums and simply walked away to the opposite side of the carriage, wiping an endless stream of tears from my face. And he, the same Cyborg, threw after me, "Thank you!" I will definitely buy flowers for my wife.”

When I got off the subway, I cried for another two hours. All the unsaid words came out through tears. How much I wanted to say to this hero, but I couldn’t! But I'm sure he understood and heard my words with his heart. My dream is that all our defenders will come home safe and sound. They raised their children as strong and courageous as they were.

Hear me, Cyborg from the subway! I really wanted to hug you. Come back alive, please.

Share this touching story with your family and friends. The war in Ukraine should not be forgotten. Let it end as soon as possible!

Tags

See also

New and interesting